Sunday, January 18, 2009

I feel stupid, and contagious....

Yesterday, I was listening to the radio on the way home from work. "Smells Like Team Spirit" came on the radio, and whilst singing along I got to thinking.

It's been 18 years since this song came out. I can vividly remember hearing it for the first time, laying on my bed, my 'boom box' on the stand next to me. I was listening to 99.1 WHFS outta DC, back when they played awesome alternative music and were not the Spanish music only station they sadly are now. I'm pretty sure I was reading the book "Aliens" at the time. I remember hearing the opening, and lowering my book to listen to it exclusively. And thinking to myself, "Damn, that is outstanding...I wonder who it is?"

But what hit me yesterday was that kids that were just infants and newly born when this song broke, now were either out of high school or going to graduate this summer. God, how old I am.

And then I got to thinking about that baby boy on the cover of that album. I wondered about him, what he looked like now. And thank the alternative music gods for the Internet, cause I found out.



This is Spencer Elden, that same boy. Cute, isn't he? I wonder if even he knows that probably more people world wide have seen his penis than any other person in the world?

POLT Listening to the Eagles-Cardinals football game

Had we to do it all over again, we would look at the consequences of catastrophic success, being so successful so fast that an enemy should have surrendered or been done in escaped and lived to fight another day. - George W. Bush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he's still living in the early 90's with that haircut. I wonder if he gets any royalities?