Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Instruction to the masses, protect us they say...

Today, I had CPR training. We have to have that every year, and it's the same stinking stuff every year. This year, we only had three people in the class, and the trainer. And all six of us were pretty cool people, I mean, no whiners, no snitches, no 'boss's pets', you know the types.

So basically, we sat around and talked. the vast majority of the day, that's all we did. The instructor did go over the info and give us the tests which we took. And we did do the practicals on the mannequins, sorta. But I mean, the instructors knows we've all had this before, every year, for years.

It was refreshing to be able to talk, to get a long lunch (we ate at a buffet...I'm still full), and leave a bit early.

Now tomorrow...it's back to the drudgery of my job. *SIGH*

POLT Listening to "Godzilla" by The Blue Oyster Cult

I get sick of listening to straight people complain about, "Well, hey, we don't have a heterosexual-pride day, why do you need a gay-pride day?" I remember when i was a kid I'd always ask my mom, "Why don't we have a Kid's Day? We have a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but why don't we have a Kid's Day?" My mom would always say, "Every day is Kid's Day." To all those heterosecual that bitch about gay pride, I say the same thing: Every day is heterosexual-pride day! Can't you people enjoy your banquet and not piss on those of us enjoying our crumbs over here in the corner? - Rob Nash

3 comments:

Tam said...

"we only had three people in the class, and the trainer. And all six of us were pretty cool people"

I'm not denying your coolness, but who were the other two? The practice dummies?

I thought that certification was good for a few years. Every year seems like way overkill. Glad it turned out to be a decent day anyway.

Polt said...

Oops...there were FIVE of us...don't know where 'three' came from. I'll just chalk it up to the Polt-chaos.

Thanks for catching it.

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

I just re certified (and first aid, too) Jan. 3rd. Our class was a bunch of women (childcare, doncha know) and the instructor was a cute (married) paramedic. It was funny watching the women fall all over him. And we had all "the types" in that class.