Thursday, January 22, 2009

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 145)...

Once more it's time for...


My apartment is heated with radiators. In the kitchen, there's one under the sink. Unfortunately, since I've lived here, that one's been broken. You can't change it to raise or lower the temp. And it's broken apparently in the "ON" position, cause once the heat starts, it gets so hot, well, sometimes the sink is too hot to touch. I could probably fry an egg on the sink.

With the recent cold wave, the heat's been rolling outta the kitchen. I even had to put the window up above the sink about two inches. Afterwards, the kitchen was just comfortable, despite the open window and the 0 degree temps outside.

At any rate, when the heat gets like that, there still comes times when the dishes MUST be washed. The only way to do them, and stand so close to the heated sink, is to do them sans clothing. And that's cool with me, as I live on the third floor and nobody's gonna be able to look in the windows. However, when I do dished I like to listen to my iPod to help pass the time (cause I hate doing dishes and usually wait until there's no more room on the counter. And that means that it takes me about a half hour or so get them done. But I digress...).

So my solution to that is to wear this purple (natch!) and blue checked apron, and tuck the iPod in one of the front pockets. And just wash, wash, wash the dishes until they're done, humming or whistling or singing along the way.

So this is photo, looking down. You can see the iPod in the pocket, the wires going to the earpods, my hairy stomach off on the left, and the dishes in the sink at the top.


click thru
(click thru at your own risk, it is NOT my best side)

To see what other's put up this week, click HERE.

POLT Listening to "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett And The Blackhearts

"We could have used you here an hour ago for Naked Hide-And-Seek." "He cheats. He always cheats." - Ianto, Torchwood

11 comments:

Ashly Star said...

That apron is CUTE!

I love doing dishes. I like listening to my iPod doing them because it further relaxes me. Though there's probably something wrong with me that I find doing dishes relaxing, lol. The only ones I hate are baking dishes with stuff REALLY stuck on them.

Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you described everything. I might have got your ipod confused with something else :)

Anonymous said...

We need a shot of cute Polts but in this little outfit.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Polt you aren't that hairy. From personal observation I'm virtually sasquatch compared to you.

I recall a comedian once who was going over the gifts that the alleged God gave to the different nationalities and races. We Italians got uncontrollable hair growth and it's so true.

Osbasso said...

Well, even with the warning, I had to check. Not near as bad as I was fearing!

Anonymous said...

For some reason I couldn't get the click thru to work but I like this pic! Happy HNT!

MarcelloNYC said...

The click thru didn't work for me either, but I am on my iphone.

HHNT!

lime said...

hahahahaha, whatever works to get the job done, i say.

Q said...

cute apron...

Ms. Lily said...

The click thru worked for me ;)
Happy HNT!!

JW said...

And this just shows once again why you should never turn your back on a frying pan when you're in the kitchen :)

Happy belated HNT!