Monday, January 12, 2009

Sell drugs off my inserts, a eight figure...

Going through some photos here, I found this one.

The Sunday before Christmas, I read the local paper at mom's. Course, to get TO the paper, one had to root out all the flyers, ads, and inserts in the paper. And there was an obscene amount. I put them next to the paper itself.



You might not be able to tell, but there are MORE ads than there is paper. What a waste. Would businesses have made more money, perhaps, had they wasted less money advertising like this? Or does irritating advertising like this actually increase their profits, even in a bad year?

Not having taken any business courses in college I have no idea. But I DO know they tork me off, wasting all that paper, and money. And I don't even look at the ads. I might check and clip through the coupons they include, but not the ads. But whatever, the point was to show just how crazy the ads were that week.

POLT Listening to "How Soon Is Now?" by the Smiths Oil: 37.66 (-2.70); Gas: 1.73 (-.01)

I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves. - George W. Bush

1 comment:

Tam said...

I never look at the ads. Well, I don't get the paper but we used to get a HUGE pile of ads on the step every Friday. They came in my house, I opened the garage door and put them straight in the recycle bin. It must work or you'd think they'd give up, but it does seem like the death of some very fine trees for nothing.