Monday, January 26, 2009

Dancer prancer, nixon and cupid, i'ma get stupid...

Last night, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and I went out to eat and then to see Frost/Nixon.


I enjoyed it, being a political junkie and all. But I was underimpressed. I knew it was originially a play, and seeing on stage in a theater would have been monumentally better, getting to feel the pressure and tension, yeah that would have been much more intense.

Was it worthy of a Best Picture nomination? I don't think so. But Frank Langella was absolutely a great choice for Best Actor. Man, he WAS Richard Nixon, from his face, to the walk, to the stooped shoulders... and the voice...my GOD he had the voice down pat.

But, a ALCMDPP said as well left "there was no car chases, no one died and nothing exploded." And I suppose for an American movie, that's the kiss of death, right?

POLT Listening to "With Or Without You" by U2

Forget the Republicans. Put all those ring-wingers and religious nuts on the North Pole and let God take care of them. Everyone in America should take off their clothes and have a good time. - Fred Schneider of The B-52's

3 comments:

S said...

Hey Polty Poo!

Wow That movie looks awesome. I might have to watch it at home. I get a little skeered of 50' screens and all that loudness. :P

S said...

I meant Watchman, not Nixon.

Anonymous said...

I just came back from seeing Frost/Nixon, I enjoyed it. Agreed on Langella, he was amazing. Though not very action packed, I thought it was paced well.