Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out with old, in with the new...

And not a fucking moment too soon.

Just as a reminder of the commander in chimp, the overgrown fratboy, the village idiot that we've suffered through over the last eight years, I give you these words, from the mouth of a moron:


  • And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.
  • And the other lesson is that there are people who can't stand what America stands for, and desire to conflict great harm on the American people.
  • And when you engage the terrorists abroad, it causes activity and action.
  • As you knwo, we don't have relationships with Iran. I mean, that's - ever since the late 70's, we have no contacts with them, and we've totallysanctioned them. In other words, there's no sanctions - you can't - we're out of sanctions.
  • I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said.
  • I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be - hold hand.
  • I said I was looking for a book to read, Laura said you ought to try Camus. I also read three Shakespeares...I've got a eck-a-lec-tic reading list.
  • I think its very important for the American President to mean what he says. That's why I understand that the enemy could misread what I say. That's why I try to be as clearly as I can.
  • I think - tide turning - see, as I remember - I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of - it's easy to see a tide turn - did I say those words?
  • I've reminded the prime minister - the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship.
  • It's about past seven in the evening here so we're actually in a different time lines.
  • It's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great thing about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to.
  • One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington DC is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a - a cell deal you can plug in to the wall to charge your cell phone.
  • One thing is clear, is relations between America and Russia are good, and they're important that they be good.
  • The point now is how do we woek together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany.
  • Politics comes and goes, but your principles don't. And everybody wants to be loved - not everybody.
  • The relations with, uhh - Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh - because, we do share values. And they're universal values, they're not American values, or you know - European values, they're universal. And those values - uhh - being universal, ought to be applied everywhere.
  • This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And, having said that, all options are on the table.
  • We thought long and hard about what to propose. We proposed a bold initiative, an initiative that takes equities out of the system, so people are treated fairly.

How pleasant it will be to be able to hear my president be able to string more than three words together into a coherent sentence.



POLT Listening to "Beautiful Day" by U2

You feel like, it's a beautiful day, don't let it get away. - U2

4 comments:

Tam said...

Wow, usually I can translate his stuff but I really don't get the vampire one. You have problems with vampires down there? Maybe its too cold for them up here.

Anonymous said...

I watched the inauguration and Obama's speech on hulu.com which carried the Fox News feed.

That said, what I got from Obama's speech was this:

Yes, things are a mess but if we can work together we can make it right.

Yes, the regulatory pendulum is going to swing back on industries like oil, banking, etc.

The pundits on Faux News were all "Weak speech man! Weak!"

They haven't seen anything yet.

It was interesting watching Obama though. He stumbled a couple of times but I can understand why. Not everyday you face a crowd of almost 2 million people as the first freely elected president who self identifies as African-American.

Anonymous said...

God I am so happy today. What a great day in American history!

Onanite

Ray Avito said...

Different time lines? Who knew our Bushie was a Doctor Who fan?!