Friday, January 09, 2009

We were three wishes, from touching, the heavens above...

Be careful what you wish for.

Below, I lamented that I couldn't get started, couldn't get motivated at work. Well, at the end of the day, we got SLAMMED with 10 new clients! By means of comparison, we might get 8 new clients each day, total. And we knew later tonight, we're getting at least 5 more new ones!

I'm the only one that works Saturdays in my department, so I'd be having to do them all. No, I don't think so. So I ended up staying over and getting 5 of them done. That still leaves 10 to do, not counting anyone else that may arrive tonight. So it looks like I'm up for a busy day tomorrow...albeit with 5 less than I would have had though.

And on the upside, I a few of the ones I did tonight were kinda cute. And on the better upside, I got two hours of overtime pay, so that'll be sweet the next paycheck.

But still....I was at work ten hours, and was basically an easy day for 6.5 of them, then rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off for the remaining 3.5 hours. Oh, well, that, as they say, is why I make the big bucks (yes, that odor you smell is indeed sarcasm).

POLT Listening to "Stand Or Fall" by The Fixx

Even mothers love ugly children. - Chris March, Project Runway, Season 4

3 comments:

exile said...

my new schedual is set up for a minimum of 10 hours a day

Tam said...

That always happens, the crises are planned for 45 min. before the end of the work day. One of those freaky Murphy's law things. Hope you get your 10 done and every one else stays home and waits till Monday to show up on your doorstep. Well, not YOUR doorstep because that would be creepy, but you know what I mean. :-)

So you going to do hotties of Canada like Michelle suggested? Huh huh? Are ya?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the way things go? It is usually all or nothing. Don't work too hard.


Onanite