Thursday, July 28, 2005

Every morning there's a halo hanging...

Every morning, since I commute with someone, I set my alarm for 600 am. That give me time, in theory, to get up, shower, eat some breakfast and get to work on time (it doesnt start until 800, but she likes to be there early, so usually we end up there about 740 or so).

This particular morning, which isn't really that unusual from most, went something like this.

Alarm goes off at 600. I dont feel like getting up (Not-A-Morning-Person was created for me), so I reset the alarm for 630, and go back to bed. Dont really go to sleep, but kinda drift in and out. And then the alarm goes off again. Don't feel like getting up then either. SO I tell myself I'll just skip breakfast and grab a donut or something at Sheetz when I'm buying the paper, and I reset the alarm for 645. (I need to pick up my coworker about 710.)

She then called me about 635, to say she needed to drive seperately as she was leaving work early. Okay. Well instead of getting up and getting started, I reset the alarm for 700, figuring I dont have to be there until 800 if I'm going by myself, and i could then have breakfast at home. When the alarm went off, I still didn't want to get up so i reset the alarm for 715, figuring that still gave me enough time to get ready and grab a donut at Sheetz. And when it went off at 715, I though, screw it, I'm just gonna go in late and work late, so I set it for 800.

at 800, i got up, called in to tell them I'd work 9-5 instead of 8-4, and then, again, instead of staying up, i reset the alarm for 815 and went back to bed. FINALLY at 815 i did get up and on my way to work.

I really HATE doing that...almost every morning. Honestly I do. but I can't seem to make myself NOT do it. I'm just so weak sometimes.

POLT

I get through with you, boy, you gonna wish your daddy pulled out early. - Jesse Custer, Preacher # 13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The restaurant is actually named "Cafe Del Sol" and it has become very popular in the past year or so that it has been in Greencastle. The food is always great, but yes the restaurant does get kind of crowded at times. For the longest time they had advertised help wanted signs in the window so service has not always been the greatest. However, the cuisine is to die for. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. That last comment went toward the wrong post. Anyway, regarding this post....

Polt, man you are such a Slug! I mean I have problems hitting the snooze alarm too many times every day, but seriously does someone need to come over there and kick you out of bed every morning? :)