Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I met my love Hillary at the local distillery...

Just some interesting news blurbs I found today...

A May USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll found for the first time that a majority of Americans - 53% - said they are likely to vote for Clinton if she runs for president in 2008.

Yeah, I know, it's still like 3.5 years away, and a lot can happen in that time, and the poll lists no opponents that she'd be running against, but........makes one think, doesn't it? I'd always thought she's make an excellent president, certainly she'd be one the most intelligent. But I never thought she'd be electable, so I didn't want her to run. But......

And then there's this:

Some GOP analysts say that if Clinton runs for president, voters could have questions about her toughness because she didn't divorce her husband after he admitted having an affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky in 1998.

I see. So, these paragons of "Family Values" think it's a hinderance to her that she did NOT divorce her husband???? God, what hypocrites. But then again, should I be surprised???
***********************************************************
Watched some movies over the weekend. Got them all From Netflix, and the photos and reviews are from there as well.

This indie favorite follows Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder), a quirky, ninja-loving teenager growing up in the far reaches of Idaho. Napoleon's life gets complicated when his shady Uncle Rico (John Gries) shows up, a shy girl (Tina Majorino) starts showing him some attention and his best friend Pedro (Efren Ramirez) decides to run for school president. Nominated for a Grand Jury Prize at Sundance in 2004. Shy twenty-something Shane (Michael Legge) is striking out on his own. Bored to death with his uninspiring civil servant job, Shane longs to attend art school and become an illustrator, but he's short on cash. Soon, he finds an apartment in Limerick and a flatmate named Vincent (Allen Leech) to share the rent. Vincent, a gay fashion-design student, works wonders in pulling Shane out of his shell via a "mahvelous" makeover. David Gleeson directs.

A combination of actors and real high school students appear in this disconcerting look at two troubled teenagers (Andre Keuck and Calvin Robertson) who organize a massacre at their school similar to the Columbine tragedy, referring to themselves as "The Army of Two." The story is told through video diaries of the teens that are discovered after the tragic event takes place.

I give Napoleon Dynamite 5 (out of 5) stars, Cowboys And Angels like a 2, and Zero Day a 3.
***********************************************************
My tooth hurts. Just like 2 months ago or so, I had problems with it as well, and had a new filling put in and now it hurts again. A dull, constant pain. It's kinda driving me nuts, not the pain so much, but it's like...like an itch I can't scratch. Or getting a piece of food stuck in your teeth and not being able to get it out. At any rate, I hate this, cause I'm a big ole wuss baby when it comes to tooth pain. I'm thinking it's either just some food that got impacted up under the tooth or filling(this happened to me once before) and the dentist has to get it out, and then I'm all better, OR....it's something more serious, which will require and extraction...oh I just don't even WANT to think about that! I HATE tooth pain!!!!!

POLT

This is an imaginary story....aren't they all? - Alan Moore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In reference to Hilary/2008 check out this short video for the 2008 Presidential Election. It's hilarious.

http://www.michaelhodges.com/stuff/funny/2008cc1.swf

Mark