Friday, July 15, 2005

You live, you learn, you love, you learn...

So, today I learned several very important things. I learned that when one has a 16 oz cup nearly full of water, and one has it sitting on the corner of one's desk, one should not bump it over as one walks by, because, contrary to what some may believe, the typical desk calendar is not water resistant, nor is any papers, froms or Post-It notes thereon.

I learned that our waiter Matt, at Garfields in the Valley Mall has inCREDible brown eyes, and I'm not even really into brown eyes.

I learned that while it may be quite easy to sing the lyrics to "The Time Warp" while driving a car, it's not at ALL easy to actually DO the time warp while driving a car.

I learned that when a friend calls you at 1:30 in the morning, all shit faced from a night out drinking to celebrate his birthday, he probably doesn't even remember making the call, much less what he said, so you could really muck with his head.

I learned how to make the following:

How to make a "Chris"
Ingredients:
1 part friendliness
3 parts silliness
3 parts leadership
Method:
Combine in a tall glass half filled with crushed ice. Add a little lustfulness if desired!
(I simply went here and typed in my name and THIS is what I got. A little lusfulness...HAH... little my ass....)
Plus, I learned that I am apparently incapable of taking a good picture of Amie. I offer as evidence that three photos I took of her earlier tonight, none of which were intended to be bad photos. (I am not including the one I took of her that ended up just being of her purse)


If one should visit a Dairy Queen and give one's order to a girl who wears her name badge on her visor/cap thingee, and has TRAINEE typed right above her name, one should not be surprised if one doesn't get the Blizzard that one ordered.

All lessons well learned.

POLT

OH!! Beer, beer, beer, bed, bed bed!! - Homer Simpson

No comments: