Saturday, July 23, 2005

We keep it running in the family...

today, my cousin and his wife had thier wedding reception. They've been together for like 9 years or so, and have a house together, and a son together, and her two sons from a previous marriage live with them too. July 1st, they decided to get married in a civil ceremony, and then today, they had the family out to thier house for a cookout. They also had a small pool the kids got into. And a trampoline. And I've got a word of advice: should you be somewhere where there is a trampoline, and should you're 62 year old mother decide to get ON the trampoline, it's best to have your camera at the ready!
Yep, that's her, sprawled on her hands and knees on the trampoline. Now this was right after she rolled up onto it (which i wish I had a videotape of... just kind putting her ass on the edge, and rolling backwards, going ass over feet and then finally getting into this position....missed a potential 'America's Funniest Home Video's' Moment). She really never got the hang of the whole thing...hell she never really stood up until right near the end, when she decided she wanted to get off, which was another adventure in and of itself. But she got on, was on it, and got off without breaking any bones, or spraining or straining anything, or needing 911 to be called. (which i really thought was gonna be a distinct possibility).

Also, somehow I, yes me, Uncle Polt, got his fat ass up on that thing. Originally it was just with my little cousin Lexi (whom is also in the photo above). but it ended up, my cousin Zack jumped on it, and decided to wrestle me. I suppose I should mention that Zack is 16, about 5'9, might weigh 150 lbs. I should probably also mention that I am 37, 6'1, and weigh............well, quite a bit MORE than him. But it was his challenge, so.....

Okay...I have other photos that I've tried to get up here, but Blogger doesnt seem to want to take them at the moment. I'll post them later, if I can. At any rate, this gives you an idea of what was going on...and considering this is me with a twinkie boy, and the positions we're in, this wasn't really as enjoyable as I thought it would have been.

Anyway, I'll try to get the other photos up there soon. but a good time was had by all, and i got sunburnt again. But not too badly. The fun was more than worth the sunburn!

POLT

You've had more visitors than Disney Land! - Lindsey, Queer As Folk

No comments: