Saturday, July 02, 2005

Talk to me, you never talk to me...

ARRRRRRRRGHHHH!!!!!! I had this nice big post all written up, even added the quote the end and then went I went to post it, there was some problem and then, all of sudden POOF! away it went. Disappeared. Just like that! ARGH! Now I've gotta try to retype everything...see if I can remember it all....oh this just bites so many big fat whale weinies.....I love computers..but sometimes....Ohhhhhhhhhhh....anyway, moving on....

So i've got some more comments to comment on. Firstly, we have another from Johnnie:

man, polt, that's gotta suck for you. you always loved going to canada for the 1 night stands, now you'll be trying to avoid marriage the whole time. i figured your life as a gay man would be hard enough without trying to flee potential suiters. now momma shockey can bug you about when you're settling down. don't get hitched too soon, polt, i'm sure there are plenty of 18 yr and 1 minute yr olds that would be deprived. ;-)

Well, it's not that big of a deal for me. Ontario has had gay marriage for, like at least a year. And I didn't have anyone chasing me for marriage last time I was there. (Now, I was pursued, but not for marriage....) Course, if the guy chasing has enough Canadian loonies and toonies, well, hell I might let myself get caught. But I know of at least one 18 yr old who would be disappointed....

Johnnie again:

this is bad....real bad...real real real bad. what do u think the vegas odds of W appointing a pro-choice justice? i'm thinking they're probably about the same as the sun rising in the west tommorow

Yes, this is indeed real bad. O'Conner was the swing vote in the 5-4 decisions on abortion. Does anything that it won't happen that after Bushie's anti-abortion justice gets on the Court that some southern state (can you say TEXAS) will pass a law outlawing all abortions, which will be rightfully challenged by someone? And once it reaches the Supreme Court, well we can say goodbye to Roe and hello again to back alley and coat hanger abortions. This is truly a sad, dark time to come...

This is from a new commentor, my buddy, Chris. Nice to see you finally got here man!

I took your quizzes tonight. Here's my results:
Greek God = Morpheus.
Belief-o-matic = Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%).
Dante's Inferno Test = Purgatory
Not too surprising, huh?

No, I'm not at all surprised. I coulda picked most of those before you even took the tests.

You registered as normal on the evil test? Even my result came up as Twisted (just barely evil). Who would have guessed...

I knew it! I knew you had some deep dark hidden secret! You're twisted! I knew it. No wonder Selene comes so easy for you!
***********************************************************
I found another test today (imagine that!) it's called the Personaly Defect Test. So I had to take it. And this is my result:


Televangelist
You are 14% Rational, 57% Extroverted, 42% Brutal, and 57% Arrogant.

As the Lord as my witness, I swear upon the good book that you are indeed the TELEVANGELIST! Characterized by extreme arrogance, self-assurance, and extroversion, you would make a very charismatic leader (or a very despotic one). On top of that, you are also more intuitive than rational, predisposing you to a more spiritual or emotional outlook on life. Thus, you are thoroughly irrational. You also tend to be rather gentle and considerate of others' feelings. Clearly, you would make the perfect televangelist. Emotional, extroverted, arrogant, and gentle, you annoy the hell out of people who have to listen to the feel-good, intuitive shit spewing from your mouth. Not only that, but people may look down on you as a self-centered asshat. So while you are gentle and genuinely care about others, it is quite clear that you still care about yourself MORE. Why is your personality flawed? Because you are too damned extroverted, emotional, and arrogant. So preach your irrational message, brotha-man! I assure you, no one will be listening!

I'm pretty annoyed by this, cause I think this is pretty accurate, but I just have a problem with the televangelist label. extroverted, emotional, arrogant..well yeah, that's me, but come on, couldn't be a....Dr. Phil? I mean he fits that description, too, right?

POLT
oh, ain't it neat how i figured out how to change all the links to words instead of the links themselves? Sometimes, I impress even myself...or is that just arrogance showing through?

The silent operation of laws which reduce extreme wealth towards a state of mediocrity and raise extreme indigence toward a state of comfort is not the language of reason. It is that of Republicanism. - James Madison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I took your personality defect test and ended up with ROBOT (85% Rational, 0% Extroverted, 14% Brutal, and 0% Arrogant).

Listed below is a link to another test for ya. I'm surprised you didn't find this one sooner. This one is "The Which X-Man Are You Test".

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6808832625377620604

Anonymous said...

sweet! i'm a haughty intellectual. i knew i would do well in academia.....i can't believe you're a televangelist, polt. doesn't that mean you disapprove of your own life style? do you preach for the log cabin republicans? do you explain to the rest of the world why jesus is pro-death penalty?