Saturday, July 09, 2005

We're realy only four...

Last night, I went to see The Fantastic Four. I'm not a fan of Marvel comics, and not a big fan of The FF, so I was going in thinking I wasn't going to like it. Visions of the Daredevil movie danced in my head...and caused me to shudder in horror. As the movie started, I thought, "Yep, I hate this." They had totally fucked with the origin of the FF as well Doctor Doom, and given him powers to boot. But as the movie progressed, i actually found myself liking it. ANd the more i think about it, the more I realized i DID like it. There was actually some character development, which is unusual in comic book films.

The THing's makeup is very well done. And you can still see the eyes of Micheal Chiklis and he coveys a lot of emotion through them alone. I originally complained that Chris Evens was too old to play the Human Torch, they needed to get someone who looked like 18 or 19, and I still feel that way. HOWEVER, they pacified me from complaining about it by having him run around without clothes on for a portion of the movie, comvering up his naughty bits (dammit). AND, the uniforms they wears are extremely form fitting and leave little to the imagination, and he looks DAMN good it in! But, there's plenty of eye candy for the straight guys too: Jessica Alba's cleavage pops up, for no apparent reason other than to be seen a few times, and she does strip down to her bra and panties in at least one scene.

But the story itself is very well written. I mean, I was amazed to discover there's actually TEAMWORK in this one. The big battle at the end actually has them working together...quite a novel concept. Overall a very well made movie. And coming from someone who's not a Marvel Zombie, that's pretty high praise.
***********************************************************
Oh this is just GREAT! I found a test here that purports to tell you what random item you most resemble. I took the test and this, ironically enough, is the result:

You are a hoe.
You are characterized as being used by others, when in fact it is the other way around. You are secretive, especially around those you care most about. Even though you are always one take control of situations, people can sometimes bring down your self esteem. But don't worry. You have the opposite sex to make all of your dreams come true. Just don't be too dependent on your lover... he may be only using you to tend to his crops.Most Compatible with: Toilet Paper, and Toenail.
BWAHAHHAHHAHAH!!!! Isn't that GREAT??? I mean the description might not be the most accurate (secretive? Moi? OPPOSITE sex....nah, don't think so...), but a hoe? Can it GET anymore accurate than that???
************************************************************
Was flipping around the channels yesterday afternoon before I left for the movie, and stopped on a sports channel. I only stopped there cause they were showing these two hot guys, with long-ish hair in tight uniforms like fighting over this rugby ball. BUt it was actually Australian Rules Football. And after a few high lights, they announced the results. It seems that Adelaide with 16 goals, 17 behinds and 113 points had beaten Freemantle with 13 goals, 8 behinds and 86 points. I know absolutely nothing about Australian Rules Football, and even less about their scoring system, but any sport that counts the behinds (possibly of thier atheletes) is a sport I NEED to know more about.
POLT
Guilt? Guilt is for, like, old married people. - Xavier, Nowhere

No comments: