Sunday, January 27, 2008

Have you ever laid in a field of clover late into the night...

This past weekend I saw Cloverfield.

I saw it with the lovely, and pregnant, Mrs. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking.


It went a bit better this time than when we went to see Walk Hard a few weeks ago...at least this time she had the cash to get inside. But that's another story altogether....

Cloverfield. Loved. It.

It was not anywhere near as gory as people had said. It was not anywhere near as scary as people had said. I did not get sick off the handhald camera work. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Two complaints (possibly spoilers involved): the main characters actions were imminently STUPID! "we have to go directly into the area where the monster destorying the city is at right now...destroying the city, because I love her!" oh please. "Oh she's probably dead already, and i'm not at all sure I can get there with the monster and the military and all, and even I do, i probably won't be able to do anything to help her, but I have to go because I love her!" Gah. barf. Course, if they HADN'T gone that way, well, there probably wouldn't have been much of a movie to begin with, eh?

(which leads to another minor quibble...the damn thing is only like an hour and 15 minutes long or something! Course, the more I thought about it, it probably was a good time limit, any more might have been stretching things)

Second complaint: the chick has been laying there for, what, hours, with rebar in her shoulder. It takes everything they have, plus a hefty, horrible scream to lift her off of it. but yet, ten minutes later, she's running full speed through the street, dodging things, and stuff, her arm working fine.

I had an issue with the main character's cellphone as well, but A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking cleared that up for me earlier this evening.

Other than that, I have no quibble with the movie. I was thoroughly entertained. And I would recommend it to anyone thinking of seeing it. If you DO go, just make sure you sit all the way through the credits...all 12 minutes of them. There's a little snippet afterwords you probably wanna be there for.

POLT Listening to "Come Into My World" by Kylie Minogue

"How the hell do you know when we were having intimate relations?" "There is no one on Deck 12, Section 9 who does not know when you are having intimate relations." - Seven Of Nine, Star Trek: Voyager

1 comment:

Sexy Duet said...

We saw Cloverfield on Saturday night at the drive-in, I loved it but Mr SD thought it was boring, heh. We left when the credits started and now I am wondering what I missed.

Ms SD