Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A trying way, a painful means to amend...

Last night, Mike Huckabee stated the following:

"[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it's a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards," Huckabee said.

I see. Good. So that means we'll be changing the Constitution to make sure that when one sacrifices a bull in front of the church, the bull is male and without blemish (Lev. 1), and to outlaw the eating of pork (Lev. 11:7)and lobster (Lev. 11:10), and to ensure that a married man who has sex with his nieghbor's wife is put to death along with her (Lev. 20:10), and to make it law that when the daughter of a priest ends up being a prostiture, that she would be put to death by being set on fire (Lev. 21:9)?

Because if we're gonna amend the Constitution to match God's word about gay marriage, well I imagine we need to amend to reflect all of the Bible. After all, if the Bible is the literal word of God, then how can you only put some of it into law? Wouldn't you need to put all of it in? I mean, certainly, we as fallable men, can't just pick and choose which items from the Bible we want reflected in our laws? Do we?

Man, the more I hear from Huckabee, the more I'm rooting for him. I don't think he'll be able to get the nomination, the Republican Party can't be THAT stupid (despite getting Reagan AND Bushie elected twice), can they? I think the more he talks, the more independents and moderate Republicans are cringing...and looking elsewhere to vote.

POLT Listening to "You're So Damn Hot" by OK Go

The doctor said it wouldn't bleed so much if I would just keep my finger out of it. - Joe, Farmboyz.blog

5 comments:

Bunny said...

Huckabee scares the bejesus out of me. I sure don't want a Pres who thinks the earth is less than 10,000 years old, in addition to other wackiness. No thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh...but we DO pick and choose! Why just this morning I picked my nose and had to choose which finger to pick it with. Decisions, decisions........

You hit just a few of the good ones, but there are so many more in the bible that were more than likely appropriate for their time. Most of the pickers and choosers have forgotten that the bible was written long long ago and that over time a good majority of what is contained is no longer appropriate. If it were we would still be allowed to have slaves (in addition to those items that you mentioned). The pickers and choosers overlook those things. They think that some of the bible should remain in effect until the end of time.

Now back to my picking and choosing....do I use a kleenex or a napkin to wipe off my finger...or just try to flick it off into the air.....????? (D'oh!!!)

Furry Godfather

jimm said...

does this christian stuff have any hoot to do with ufo's and texas?

and did ya ever wonder what hucklebee's campaign theme song is?

Heidi said...

be afraid. be very afraid. clearly you have not seen huckabee on the colbert report. he is so definitely not dumb. and some people will be snookered into voting for him just because he can be funny.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe a candidate actually said something that unambiguous! Kudos for that, but yeah, Huck's one disturbing dude...