Saturday, January 26, 2008

I missed the opportunity, to get you, babe.....

As I looked into his eyes, I came to realize,
It could never be.
This had happened once before, that I had realized this,
But that didn't lessen the sting.
I saw it in his eyes, he wanted it.
I knew he saw in my eyes, how much I wanted it.
But time and place and circumstance,
All conspired against us.
"Maybe sometime soon", I offered.
"Yeah, later", he concurred.
But I think we both knew the truth.
We had, what we had, right then,
and nothing else.
And right then, what we had, while not long,
and teasingly, temptingly, anxiously insufficient,
was but a taste of what could have been.
And we both knew it.
The kisses too short. The touches too furtive,
and yet too rushed.
Oh, the thoughts, visions of what might have been,
they inflict pain. And frustration.
Damn Fate! Or Karma! Or Kismet! Or the Cosmos!
Whatever. Fuck 'em all.

POLT Listening to "Bad Dream" by Keane

What matters in finding the right person is to find the person who's going to Jungle Fuck you until the day you die! - Stephanie Hodge

1 comment:

Bunny said...

I really, really like this; I can real feel the desire and the frustration