Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm feeling ill, too much time to kill...

A little before noon, I went over to mom's for lunch. The woman LOVES to cook, and when she does, she always makes more than enough for just one person, so I get to benefit from it. And besides all that, her cooking is deLICious!

So, when I got there, she said my cousin Lexi was gonna be coming up. Lexi is her sister's granddaughter. But Lexi LOVES coming to Mama Polt's. Not only for the cooking, but because mom is FUN, whereas Lexi's grandmother is....not. Mom plays games with her, and reads to her or lets Lexi to her, and cuts out things with her, and colors with her and all that kinda stuff. Lexi's grandmother....well, she likes to yell a lot. And not play so much. SO that's why Lexi goes up there.

So we were doing all this, and Lexi mentioned that her teachers name is almost like our last name. (Lexi has a different last name than mom and I). I said that her teacher should just add an 'ey' to her name and use that name. I asked Lexi if she knew anyone else with that name. She said Aunt Bev (aka Mama Polt). I asked if there was anyone else with that name, meaning me. Without looking up from her coloring she said, "Uncle Milt." (my dad who died three months ago). I saw mom's eyes get a little wet, but she didn't cry. I quickly moved on, and asked if there was anyone else. Lexi said "Angel" (the dog). Mom and I both laughed at that, cause neither of us had thought of that. I asked if there was anyone else, and she said, in a tone that sounded like I was the stupidest person on earth asking it, "Well you!" Kids.

I left and came home to watch the football games today. About 2:30, I started feeling...not-so-well. My face got hot, even though the rest of me was shivering a bit. My feet were like blocks of ice. My shoulders, lower back, wrists, elbows and to an extent, knees were all aching. I took some Advil, and that took care of the pain and stuff, and I feel pretty good now, but man I hope I'm coming down with the flu. That would seriously suck. I hate the flu. But we'll see.

Here is a photo i took today. Mom wasn't happy cause she had her 'house coat' on. Lexi wasn't happy cause she wanted me to wait until she got with whatever she was working on. Whatever.



Despite the looks on thier faces, they were really having a fun time.

POLT Listening to the Chargers-Patriots game

Ehhh, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter, batter, sa-WING batter! Hecan'thitithecan'thitithecan'thithecan'thitithecan'thitit, sa-WING batter! - Cameron, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

No comments: