Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What we see today, are the results of the mistakes they make....

So Hillary won the New Hampshire Democratic Primary. Frankly, I'm glad.

I'm an Edwards suppoter myself, leaning towards Obama. Hillary is actually my least preferred of the three choices. But I'm glad she won nonetheless.

Why you ask? I'm just glad to see the predictions be SO wrong. The polls, the pundits, the policitians, the talking heads on TV and online, hell even I thought Obama was gonna run away with it after Iowa. And we were all wrong.

Even Hillary's OWN polls were showing a big wash out for her, coming in a distant third. They were looking to lose by only single digits. And ended up winning.

Why did it happen? Who knows? I don't care why it happened, I'm just glad it did. I LOVE seeing all the pundits get it wrong, and then wonder aloud, all night last night, about what could possibly have happened, how they could get it wrong. I love that they've been shown that they might just NOT know everything when it comes to elections. Exit polling, and computer models, and sampling data, yeah, they're nice and all, but I'm glad that the actual VOTES cast by actual PEOPLE turned out to be something else. If not for the people voting, then why not just let all the "models" and "projections" and "polls" decide elections?

I'm glad they all got their cumuppance. And maybe they'll be bit more gun-shy the next time.

POLT Listening to "Candle In The Wind" by Elton John

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't.

No comments: