Thursday, January 17, 2008

Give us a forecast snowy white...

Yesterday, as I posted, I had CPR. Right after that, I went for my monthly cut-N-color (you don't think Uncle Polt maintains his youthful locks naturally, do you?). After this, I stopped and got Chinese, came back here and ate it. Then I showered, to get all the loose cut hairs off of me. I then got online for a bit, and then watched Project Runway. I posted about it, and then posted HNT, and then went to bed to read.

I got up late, called in said i'd be working 9-5, then got ready and left. I had on my regular work shoes and just put on a sweatshirt. On the way to work, I hear from a West Virginia radio station of all these school closings! Then the DC station I listen to says it snowing in Richmond and should start there soon...3 inches in the city, 3-5 north and west.

SNOW! The last I heard, there was gonna be snow Thursday night into Friday. And since I didn't see any weather on TV on Wednesday I had no idea we were expecting this soon! I was underprepared!

And then it started snowing. But it wasn't a big deal really. It was slushy snow, wet and stuff, and not more than two inches, max. Best part was, about 3;10, the bosses dismissed us, so I got to leave, about two hours early, since I had planned on staying until 5:00. hehehe....

the drive home was really quite easy, as the roads were plowed and just wet. No biggie. It was a pretty beautiful trip though, since the trees were covered in snow. luckily, I carry my camera with me at all times now, so I got some photos.




Later in the evening, I went to mom's for supper. As I stood on my front porch, I snapped this photo, of the house and car across the street and all the little snowflakes inbetween us.

Also, once I got to mom's, I saw this one the sidewalk:



It's mom's foot prints with the dog, Angel, trotting along side her. Just made me smile. But then that could be the snow too...I love snow. It makes everything beautiful and shiney and makes me all smiley.

POLT Listening to "In The Flesh" by Pink Floyd Oil: 89.70 (-1.56); Gas: 3.12 (-.01)

My sexual orientation? Horizontal, usually. - tee shirt

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Polt, you let us in on your little secret. I have taken the opposite approach, I'm going grey with dignity.

We got the slushy stuff here in RI too. Shoveled it out which is interesting since my shovel has sort of a deep bucket and it was mostly full of water.

I was thinking earlier just how much I HATE winter. I hate the snow and ice, I hate the cold. I want it to be a balmy 80F right now.

I love the warm weather and it's not just my comfort. Guys wear much less when it's warm and oh baby, some of them are hot!

Sexy Duet said...

Those pics are gorgeous, the last one with the footprints is so cute!
One day I will actually get to see snow other than in a photo.

Ms SD

Bunny said...

Great snaps! I love the look of fresh snow on trees.

Cooper said...

If we closed the schools here every time we had a few inches of snow, they would never be open! I realise we have the infrastructure in place to deal with it, though. I love the photo of your Mom and the dog's footprints side by side. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love the snow too, but we rarely get any here. When we do get snow, everything, and I mean everything stops. People get weirded out and they don't know how to drive in it.

Have fun.

Onanite