Thursday, October 27, 2005

Care and keep me, hung up on you...

This morning, on the way to work, I was lucky enough to catch on the radio Madonna's new song, "Hung Up." Liked it a lot. It goes back to her roots, it's quite funky. Sounds like it came from the Music CD, thankfully skipping the muck that was her last album.

Then, in the evening, (on Logo, WHOO-HOO), I got to see the premiere of her video for the song. (man, it's great to have a network that actually SHOWS videos). And despite the fact her hair was Farrah Fawcett circa 1978, and her outfit was pulled right from Flashdance, I gotta say, Madge can still work it. Christ, the woman is like 47 or so, and she's movin better than people half her age. And since she's the diva she is, she gets to cast THE hottest young men in her video, shirtless, may I add.

And then, Logo (whoo-hoo) played this movie called "I Want To Tell You A Secret", a sort of documentary about her last tour, the one Aggie and I saw in 2004. She was in DC Gay Pride weekend, what a coincidence! And what a weekend! (And thank you once again, Mark, for the free upgrade on our seats! you are SUCH a saint!) Anyway, the movie was at times an excess in her ego, but was interesting to watch, and the concert footage had me, honestly, up and dancing sometimes. And as a plus, we got to see up close and meet her dancers, which were naturally, all hot as hell, and cute and young! (oh the perks of being a world class diva!)

POLT = listening to "Aura" by The Church

I never wanted to be called 'Black Vulcan'. I wanted to be called 'Supervolt'! 'Black Vulcan' was Aquaman's idea. So, I said, "Well, maybe we should call you 'Whitefish'! - Black Vulcan, Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all this is well and good, but how about an opinion on harriett miers pulling out her nomination? i wanted to see her and bushy dragged through the coals thomas style, personally. Now I'm afraid bush will appoint a hardline conservative to appease his base. thoughts?