Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I don't want to play basketball, yea baby...

So, as I understand it (and since this involved basketball, I very could be wrong) but recently, there was a 3 hour yacht trip some b-ball players took and after 40 minutes, the crew turned it around back to land, because of all the sex, debachery and other offensive stuff going.

Then, the owner of one of the teams, I think Detroit, but again, I could be wrong, instituted either a dress code, or a behavior code on his players.

And I just read in the paper how the NBA has now instituted a league wide dress code.

The last two done, I would assume, to combat the arrogant, immature, disgusting, and sex crazed antics of the atheletes in the game.

Now bearing in mind that I have no problem with arrogant, immature, disgusting and sex crazed antics, I don't believe a dress code, of all things, will stop it. I just can't imagine some member of the NBA thinking, "Gee, I'd love to go pick up some hookers and snort of coke with them while involved in sex orgy, being filmed by a few underage kids, BUT, I'm wearing khakis and a polo shirt, not my purple stiped pimp suit and hat, so I better not." Please.

What will stop them acting this way? Have a salary scale that pays them between $50,000 and $100,000 a year. And no more. No more couple million a year salary with multi million dollar signing bonus. Cut back on the money, and that'll cut back on the free cash they have for "bling bling" and debauchery.

And not just basketball. You could stop a lot of arrogant childish antics by paying a humbling wage to any of the major pro sports: baseball, hockey, even my own beloved football. I mean, seriously, all pro atheletes are seriously overpaid anyway, for contribution nothing, really, to society except being able to handle a ball better than most. Just cause you're a chucklehead that can catch, throw, or dunk a certain ball better than the average guy doesn't, or at least shouldn't, entitle you to make obscene amounts of money.

But Lady Luck is a fickle female, and Karma normally comes into play when the chowder heads spend their money like idiots and then, when they can't paly anymore, they don't have a reserve of cash to live off of.

Course, then, they become sports casters. *shudder*

POLT = listening to "Da Da Da, You Don't Love Me" by Trio

In life, whoever has the most fun, wins! - TV Commercial

No comments: