Sunday, October 16, 2005

Dancing in the streets, Baltimore and D.C. now...

Today, Phoenix and I made a trek to your nation's capitol, Washington DC. We had talked about this over the summer and wanted to get down there before the weather got too cold. Phoenix wanted to go to eat the Johnny Rocket's in Georgetown. I wanted to go to get some...special Christmas cards for...special friends at Lambda Rising Bookstore.









Phoenix drove, and here's a photo of his Big Yellow Banana....the vehicle that took us there.

We got off the Metro at DuPont Circle and walked around there for a bit, then trekked all through Georgetown. We hit the Paper Store, Urban Outfitters, Johnny Rockets, The Georgetown Mall, Commander Salamander, Big Monkey Comics, Papyrus, and walked all along like O & P streets, among the pleasant and well kept row houses. We went back to DuPont and caught the Metro there. We returned home, stopping Frederick, to get a few things and to talk to Big Joe, about the wedding announcement (see photo posted previously!)

The weather was unbelievable! It was warm-ish, but there was a cooling breeze that blew alomst constantly. ANd there wasn't evena threat of rain in the air, I guess Mother Nature got all that outta her system this past week.

I spent entirely too much money.....again! But, hell, when's the next time I'm gonna get down that way? And anyway, I paid all my bills for the month so far, so the time wsa right to spend, spend, spend. (my problem is, too many times are the time right to spend, spend, spend.)

POLT = listening to "I See You Baby" by Groove Armada

Canada? Why should we leave America for America Junior? - Homer, The Simpsons

No comments: