Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm only into this, enjoy...

This evening, as I frequently do, I popped a frozen entree into the microwave for supper. before doing so, of course, I read the instructions. I've reprinted them here:

1. Remove tray from outer carton, pull back corner of film to vent. (do they really need to tell me to not put the cardboard box into the microwave? If I'm too stupid to not know that, then I'm too stupid to eat, and therefore too stupid to live, and it's right that I die of starvation. but I digress...)
2. Cook on HIGH for 4 minutes. (yes, HIGH and 4 are in bold on the package too. I guess that way if your eyesights bad, you can still see the temp and time)
3. Rotate 1/4 turn. (the amount of turnage isn't in bold...guess that's not that important. And what if, like myself, you have a tray in your microwave that rotates while its cooking? Do i still have to rotate the entree?)
4. Cook on MEDIUM for 4 1/2 minutes. (again, with the bolding....)
5. Let stand in microwave 1-2 minutes. Enjoy. (Now this is one that gets me. Do they REALLY have to tell me to enjoy the entree and part of the cooking of it? What if I choose NOT to enjoy it? If I don't like it and want to return it, can they refuse to accept it because I didn't follow the instructions carefully, which TOLD me to enjoy it?)

Hey, if they can write this stupid crap on their food items, and can make fun of them for it!

POLT = listening to "Situation" by Yaz

Frustration grows best in artificial light. - Details Magazine

No comments: