Monday, October 17, 2005

Don't go chasing waterfalls...

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Ghostie came over Wednesday night and helped hook up my scanner and clean the dining room. Part of the cleaning was taking the air conditioner out of the window and onto the floor in the corner. I could remove it myself, I put it in the window by myself, after all, but it's easier to do it with more than one person.

BUt the window was stuck. We both tried pushing up from the base of it, and from the top of it. And we tried pulling on the conditioner, but that wasn't gonna work either. Finally, after using a screwdriver and Ghostie's pocket/Swiss knife thingee, we realized it was just out of alignment with the window frame (the house, and therefore the windows, is very old), so we moved it back and fortha nd side to side until it got into alignment and then I could push it right up.

So that roadblock defeated, we set about removing it. I got one side, Ghostie the other. WE easily lifted it up and out of the window, and proceeded to set it on the floor. BUt as we lower it....all the water ran out. All over the hardwood floor, the rug, my foot, his pants leg. Yeah, it was quite a puddle. WE put it down, and I ran and got some towels. WE lifted it back up into the window and I attempted to sop up the lake there. While the towels were doing their job, and I was removing my wet sock and Ghostie was using a towel on his leg, I looked to him and said, "Ya know what, Ghostie? I don't think that's the first time I did that."

And I recall doing it at least once before...but I was by myself then. You'd think I'd get to remembering it when I see the waterstains on the floor, wouldn'tcha? Oh but, no, not Uncle Polt. i can be stupid like that.

Well, I suppose when the floorboards are warped and looking like a minature roller coaster, then I might remember it.

POLT = listening to "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" by Carole King

Ia m just a new boy, a stranger in this town. Where are all the good times? Who's gonna show this stranger around? Oooo, I need a dirty woman. Oooo, I need a dirty girl. - Pink Floyd

No comments: