Sunday, October 30, 2005

Middle finger response...

I've gotten a few more comments, and before too much times passes, let's deal with them.

First, we have comment from Katherine about the historical FoxNews photos I posted. She writes:

Possibly you found them here. I found this site through Rocketboom. Anyway, just thought since I'd seen 'em I'd pass the credit along. Best.

Why thank you Katherine. I'll gladly give credit to whomever did them. And I wish they'd do some more, those things were great. Oh, and best to you as well.
***********************************************************
Next we have a comment from Mark, my Fairy Godfather. It's in response to the article about the hot dog eater.

Did you know that it is impossible to drink a gallon of milk within 1 hour and not puke it back up? Too much lactose for a body to process, I'm guessing. One of my new co-workers and a friend of his were bored so they tried it out and sure enough......cheap entertainment. I'm still adjusting to the rural midwest mentality.

I actually did not know that. I had heard of it, but never knew anyone that actually tired it. So, that's what passes for fun out there in Michigan, drinking milk until you puke? Sure is different from Dupont Circle at 1000 pm, eh? I'm not sure I could ever get so drunk as to drink milk until I puked. ...Course, now that I think of it, there's been plenty of times I've drunk beer and such until I puked.....I'm not sure what the difference is (other than the liquid ingested, of course). Should I be mocking myself as I'm mocking the milk drinkers?
***********************************************************
And finally we have another anonymous comment (I wonder if this is from the same previous anonymous, or a brand new anonymous!).

There is this thing called a library, one can borrow books for free....

This is was in responce to my "blogging is free, but books cost money" statement. And Anonymous is right, there ARE libraries. However, if I borrow a book, that means I must return it and I don't get to keep it. And it's not the same if I don't own it, and have it around to show off and/or read later. I know there are those in the populace who don't understand that statement, but true reading afficiandos understand you need to own the book to fully enjoy it.

And besides, I'm not aware of any library that would carry Fratsex: Stories Of Sex In College Fraternities. But if there IS a library out there that carries that, I want to become a member of it! Makes one wonder what the punishment is for an overdue book...

POLT = listening to "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer

Ronald Reagan was always a man with a very loose hold on hte real world around him. - Jack Germond

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"true reading afficiandos understand you need to own the book to fully enjoy it."
I didn't know you were a fan of the ownership society.