Saturday, October 22, 2005

Razor keen, and good again...

I think "Hopes and Fears" by Keane has become my current favorite album. Oh I like other individual songs more, but overall, Keane's whole album really rocks.

They've got a unique sound, and it wasn't until I had heard the songs a few times that I realized what it was: no guitar. There's a bass, a keyboard, and some drums, but no guitar. That's not terribly unusual, after all The Doors had no guitar player either, but Keane sounds nothing like the Doors. They remind me of Coldplay, or the Verve, or even early Radiohead...sorta.

They have a very...European sound to them. Everytime I hear their songs, it reminds of some foreign cosmopolitan city. i don't know why that is, it just is.

Anyway, you outta give em a listen to. See if you agree or disagree.

POLT = listening to "Atomic" by Blondie

Straight boys don't have washboard stomachs. - More Tales Of The City

No comments: