Thursday, March 02, 2006

Her life, in a nutshell, no way...

I hate it when I'm stupid (although you'd THINK I'd be used to it by now, wouldn't you?) Late last week, I happened to be in Food Lion, and I saw a display of thier cans of nuts on sale. I heart cashews like Simon Cowell hearts himself. So I grabbed a can off the shelf and proceeded to finish my shopping, pay and leave. When I got home, I put the can on a shelf here. A few days later, I had a hankering for some cashews, got the can, pulled the lid off of it, and pulled the aluminum barrier off as well...and found out I had picked up a can of mixed nuts.

Aw, NUTS!

As I may have mentioned I love cashews. And regular peanuts are okay too. Macadamia nuts are good too. And almonds are passable. All other nuts, I don't like em. And now I had a can full of them! I've already eaten all the cashews (though there weren't that many of them). I picked through the can looking for all the cashew pieces, and now I'm working on the peanuts. But I'm ignoring most of the nuts.

And the worst part of all this is...this is not the first time I've done this. They need to make different shaped, sized or colored cans for differnet peanuts! That way, if you want cashews you won't get mixed nuts, or peanuts or vice versa! It's just wrong!

POLT = listening to "Square Pegs" by The Waitresses

Look, I'm 40, I'm single and I work in musical theater - you do the math. What do you need, flash cards? - Nathan Lane

2 comments:

emanoyhl said...

lol - perhaps a different brand is in order? :)

I'll eat your nuts! :) hahahaha that came out wrong, or did it? hmmmm? LOL I love Brazil nuts myself :)

gawivb

Polt said...

Manny: Oh, you certainly do know what to say to a guy, dontcha? you use that line in bars? :) And I think Brazilian men are hot too, but I don't limit myself to thier nuts! :)

Anonymous: Nah, that would be too simple. Like commenting using your name instead of remaining anonymous, ys know, that sort of thing. :)

rhref!