Saturday, March 04, 2006

We on the run, representin' all...

Got a call earlier this week from what I thought was a telemarketer. Good thing I didn't hang up, though, cause the call was from some ratings organization that monitored the listeners of Pennsylvania radio stations, and they want me to participate. They're sending me a packet, and for one week, I'm supposed to like check which radio stations I listen to and what I think of the stations, and any thoughts I might have on thier content or what I think might make a particular station better, etc, etc, etc. In the packet is included a coupon for a free coffee or donut or something for participating. And it's at no cost to me. And the BEST part is, I'll be representing 1,000 households in Pennsylvania!

Oh, the POWER! Now, I can make sure 103.7 the Revolution knows how STUPID it was they swutched formast from alternative to top 40!!! And I can tell 105.7 out of Harrisburg how I like thier station, especially the morning show (although Jennifer IS a bit too Republican in her views for me, but the show is funny, so I'm forgiving).

The POWER I now have! Now I can influence things, and change PA and make it a better place! These 1,000 households I represent almost feel like consituents, like I'm a Congressmen or something! Oh, and should there be any Jack Abramoff wanna-be's out there lobbying for the radio industry, I'm here to tell you I'm an easy bribe! gimme a call or an email, we'll talk!

POLT = listening to "Magnet & Steel" by Walter Egan

"What's the Black Plague, Chef?" "LaToya Jackson, children." - Chef, South Park

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that the last thing you need is more power. ;)

We were a Neilson family before, for watching TV. It was interesting, I remember feeling the POWER as well.

Amie

Polt said...

the power...the POWER!!!! Now I can set my nefarious plans into action!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

beware Uncle Polt and his power!!!!

emanoyhl said...

lol - wow representing 1,000 households, that's like, 2 Waynesboros! :) lol

I remember something like that happened to my roomate, and he mentioned he had a roomate, and they sent 2 packets - AND - they also included 2 crips dollar bills for each of us - just for participating, so they bribed us with cold hard cash - no donut ticket though :(

Comment Password of the Day: ygyewav

Polt said...

1,000 households = 2 Waynesboros = 100 Lewisberrys. Is my math correct? ;)

Ya know, AMie got to the the Neilsons, you got to do this before...I don't feel so special anymore. Powerful yeah, but not special. :(

"rbhpgz"