Thursday, March 02, 2006

Popularity, I like you and you like me a lot...

Saw recently that Bushie's approval rating is at 39%. The last time a president had a rating that low was during the first, and somewhat less incompetant, Bush president, back in 1992. Never during his term, not even during the Republican-created impreachment witch hunts, did Clinton ever have a rating so low. And prior to the first Bush, you'd have to go to Jimmy Carter, in 1980. And the only president to have lower approval ratings was Nixon, right before he resigned. Maybe Bushie should follow the precident.

WHile I am pleased that Bushie's facade of compatent governance has crumbled, all I can say is that I wish this was the rating 18 months ago when it might have spared the country a lot of headaches, AND that I hope the American people aren't so fickle as to change thier minds drastically in the next 9 or so months. After this November, with a Democratic Senate and possibly (a very slim possibility) a Democratic House, we may be able to start getting this country back on track again.

POLT = listening to "Angel" by Massive Attack

My dear boy, one does need a little talent in this business, but not necessarily for acting. - The Female Animal

No comments: