Thursday, March 16, 2006

When the work is over, he likes to hit the bars...

Today I made it back to work. Despite the fact I had been off work for two days, and the one lady that works in my department is in training all week, and the other will be off the rest of the week, and I was there by myself, having to do the work of three people, it wasn't hectic or overbearing. Busy, but I managed it all.

After work, I had some errands to run. I went to Circuit City, cause I saw in a flyer that they had Kill Bill Vol. 1 for $9.99. Hey how could I go wrong at that price! So I got there and found Vol 1 (purposefuly ignoring VOl 2). But while I was there, I saw they also had Saving Private Ryan for $9.99 AND Spider-Man 1 AND 2 packaged together for $9.99. Now i wasn't impressed with the first one, and the second one it alright, I had thought of picking it up. but BOTH for ten bucks! SCORE! So I ended up getting four movies for about $30!, like 8 bucks a movie! Hit the JACKPOT!

After this, I went to Hallmark. Tomorrow is Mama Polt's birthday (and we're not even Irish!). I found THE perfect card!






















How awesome is that??? Touches on the gay issue without being obvious! And she is, if not accepting of that, at least totally accepting of me! So I can't wait to give this to her.

Then, I went to Borders, where I used to work. I talked to a few of the "old-timers" the ones I used to work with. I had had a hankering from the middle of the day for the chips and salsa at El Paso, and I tried but couldn't find anyone to go with me. So we just talked and had a blast.

I left Borders and headed into town to get my comic books, and i noticed the time was right after 500. And then I thought of Phoenix, and how he gets out of work at 500 and how he loves El Paso like I do. So I called him, and after a short amount of begging, he said he'd need to check with the Warden (aka Mrs. Phoenix...Warden is just one of his terms of endearment for her...) and he called me back to say everything was cool, she had let the cat out so he didn't have to hoem to do it....or something like that..I wasn't paying a lot of attention cause after he said yes, my mind just focused solely on eating there.

Anyhow, after getting the comics, I made my way to El Paso and stuffed myself silly. I HATE getting myself so full it almost hurts....but i love the process of getting myself there. heheh.....

After this I came home, settled my fat gut in front of the computer and posted all this. Quite a satisfying afternoon: bargain movies, perfect birthday cards, chatting with old friends, and stuffing myself on Mexican food! WHoo-Hoo! A near perfect day indeed! All I require now is the Asian twinkie with the hairthing to rub my feet.....hey a guy can DREAM can't he???

POLT = listening to "My Sharona" by the Knack

Ya know, I actually don't mind being a stepmother. - Mike, Queer As Folk

1 comment:

The Persian said...

great deals on the DVD's!! I love Circuit city sometimes, especially when an album just comes out and its 6$ less than anywhere else.

LOVE the card, you're right it so touches on the gay issue without being obvious.

:)