Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's hard out here for a pimp...

So, the Oscars are over. "Brokeback Mountain" didn't win best motion picture. I'm disappointed but not upset. I don't that Brokeback was the best picture, I just wanted it to win for the message it sent. I haven't seen any of the other movies, but I want to. And I'm happy with Crash winning. I would have been happy with any movie winning.

Jon Stewart: pretty good. Funny. Admirable job for a first time.

A rap song winning the Oscar for best original song...WTF is that? I loved it though. During the performance, I thought of all the Academy members in the audience turning off thier hearing aids and putting on sunglasses and leaving the auditorium to get another glass of chardonnay or to visit the loo. Wonder how many heart attacks there were upon the announcement of the winner? A song about it being hard for a pimp, a rap song no less, winning the Oscar. hehehe, I love it....

Wanted Phillip Seymour Hoffman to win, so that was good. Was hoping for Felicity Huffman to win, but was satisfied with Reese Witherspoon.

WAAAAAYYYY too many meaningless montages. Please, people. If we got rid of them, and all the stupid smaller awards that no one cares about except for those nominated, the whole show could be done in an hour...with commericals!

But the best part of the night was that I had a mini-Oscar party. Ag and I first went to her second job, the travel agency, so she could wrap up some work. Below we have...

Ag, entering the building...


Working at her desk....


Leaving the building...


Then we went to the grocery store to pick up snacks and stuff for the night. Then we went to KFC, picked up supper and gorged ourselves. Afterwards, in true girl-party style, we had FACIALS! yes, indeed we did!

This is Uncle Polt with his facial....


Ag applying hers...


The Masked Fag and his equally Masked FagHag

(we're not smiling cause we don't want to crack the masks....I'm still not sure what that would do, but she said it, and she's got more experience with these things than me, so I didn't smile)

And Uncle Polt and Auntie Ag post cleanup.


Freshfaced and ready for Mr. Oscar!

Then once the show started, we got the carrots, celery, dip, and chocolate covered bunny cookies with sprinkles and opened the Asti, sat back and drank and ate ourselves into decadence watching the show. (following is Uncle Polt with his Asti...in a purple champagne flute, thank you very much!)


A pretty damn fine evening. KFC, snacks, Oscars, my faghag, facials, and Asti. Only thing missing was the footrubs but the Asian twinkie with a hairthing. But maybe next year...

POLT= listening to "Freedon 90" by George Michael

You're not sucking me into your black hole of depravity! - Emmett, Queer As Folk

2 comments:

emanoyhl said...

Drat, I missed it all! :)

Did you get a haircut too?

Polt said...

You did indeed miss much, but not the haircuts. Who had time for that, what with the facials, and the Oscars starting, and Asti to drink?

owplwzw