Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fat man at the window, bet you know why...

Yesterday, I finished my most recent book:



I LOVE Jack Germond. I loved him on the McLaughlin Group, and later on Inside Washington. I love that after Charles Krauthammer would parrot the Republican Party line, and Nina Totenberg would spout her liberal, NPR line, Jack would just cut through all the shit they had both said and get right to the point.

I remember back during the 1996 Election, Bob Dole fell forward once off the platform he was on in front of the cameras. Krauthammer was trying to convince everyone it was a good thing, cause how quickly he recovered himself showed that he wasn't too old to be president and it would be a big boost to his chances to win, and Nina was saying something about how his handlers had screwed up and how it showed his campaign in disarray. And Gordon Peterson asked Jack his thoughts on it. Jack looked at him a few seconds, and then almost laughed and said, "Some railing wasn't secured tightly. And man leaned on it and fell down. happens everyday. Nobody outside of DC even CARES about this!" And I applauded! he was so right!

His book is excellent as well. Very insightful. he's got like 40 years of covering politics for newspapers. he's seen it all, and seen it all go down hill. A very interesting read for any political junkie, or anyone concerned about the state of American politics.

POLT = listening to "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.

I am an actor. OF COURSE I can play a heterosexual. - Sir John Gielgud

No comments: