Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Viva Las Vegas!

I had this AWESOME idea the other day. I was talking to a female friend of mine, and I said, 'Hey, I think we outta go to Vegas for the weekend, like Friday through Monday! But on the condition that when we arrive, we get married and then right before we leave, we get divorced." I thought the idea was really cool! But she was not interested. (Well, kinda shocked, and surprised, and thought I was joking, and possbily somewhat repulsed and THEN not interested).

Prior to asking her, I mentioned it to a male friend of mine. he simply lowered his head slightly, closed his eyes, and shook his head slowly back and forth, as if I were some sort of sad pathetic madman.

I mentioned it today to another female friend of mine, and she TOO was shocked and surprised and did not think it was a good idea.

What is WRONG with you people??? it's an AWESOME FABulous idea! I mean, look:

1) I get an ex-wife, she gets and ex-husband? Doesn't that add another great...stitch in the fabric that is us? I can tell people, "Oh, I have an ex-wife. She was a wife for only three days, but still.." what a great way to get a conversation going!

2) It'll only be for the weekend, thus avoiding all those nasty things that occur during a breakup.

3) She could find a guy out there, I could find a guy out there, and we could have a raunchy, sex filled honeymoon...or whatever type of honeymoon she may desire, without having to worry about our spouses being there!

4) If it's good enough for Britney Spears, why isn't it good enough for us?

5) In modern day America, there ain't no way I'm ever gonna marry a man I love, so why not marry someone to have fun with. And only for a weekend?

6) what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?

7) Think of the political statement it would make! Oh I can run off to Vegas and marry some chick I have no intention of staying married to, and that's all fine and legal and the far right, religious wingnuts would no issue with it, but yet, two men who have been together for over 20 years, like these guys Harley and Carl I know, and have been living together as a couple, can't get married. Now tell me, WHICH set of circumstances actually poses the greatere "THREAT" to marriage! Please!

8) We'd have something to put in our obituaries about having an ex-spouse!

9) we could easily get it annuled, cause the wedding sure ain't gonna be consummated!

10) it would just be FUN!

I must be missing something. Of the three peopllI have mentioned this to, no one has seen it as the great fun adventure I'm seeing it to be. *SIGH*

POLT = listening to "Rock Lobster" by the B-52's

You got anything on that remote lower than mute? - Brian, Family Guy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're totally on the same wavelength! Awesome idea! Love ya, miss ya! I'll be in town next weekend. can you squeeze me in?

Polt said...

FINALLY! I knew there HAD to be someone out there as warped as me! I knew I couldn't be alone in thinking this was an AWEsome idea! Love ya! miss ya too!