Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Sunday, it's a Super Bowl....

Gentle readers, I doubt I'll be posting very much today. I've got to get my sorry stinking behind into the shower and then drag some clothes to the laundry and I've got to have it all done beofre 530 or so, when I leave to go to my buddy house for the Super Bowl. I'd be more excited if Dallas were in it, but eh, whatever.

I'll be rooting for Seattle because,

1) Seattle has never won a SUper Bowl before,
2) I lost $100 bucks cause of the damn Steelers,
3) I'm sick of all the obnoxious crowing and raving being done by all the freakin Steelers fans around here,
4) I think Rothelesbugere (or however the hell you spell it) is overrated,
5) Seattle are the underdogs,
6) my buddy (who will be rooting for Pittsburgh) has an 8 year old son that will be rooting for Seattle, and he needs someone to be on his side (he told his dad this week that, "Daddy, the Steelers are going DOWN, and so are you"),
7) Matt Hasselbeck is cuter than Ben Rothlesberger (or however the hell you spell it), although were Ben to shave that nasty old raggidy beard off, he would be cuter,
8) The Seahawks emblem on their helmets is more appealing than the Steelers,
9) Seahawks remind one of flying through the sky, or of an ocean, Steelers reminds one of coughing up a blackened lung or working hard, tedious hours in a factory,
10) If the Steelers were this good a team, why did they have to sneak in the backdoor of the playoffs to begin with?,
11) I've got a fiver riding on this with Johnnie.

yeah, I know the Seahawks will probably lose. Everyone's picking the Steelers. But I've always loved a hopeless cause. I am, after all, a gay liberal Democrat in south central Pennsylvania.

POLT = listening to "No Need To Argue" by the Cranberries

The things my tongue could do to his nipples.... - Mike, Queer As Folk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.
Sorry stinking behind = apologetic smelly butt. Yeah, that reads better.

Which bowling alley is it that this much talked about "Super Bowl" is going to take place? I really enjoy a good round of bowling you know. Anything with balls in it. Do all of the famous bowlers name themselves as cities? It's been ages since I watched a bowling game on tv. But I'll be at work anyway so I probably won't get to see much of them.
That last part about Mr. Seattle losing sort of sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy, or in other words, you are actually hoping that Mr. Steeler will win....?....

Fairy Godfather (King of Kohl's broom and dustpan as well as Imperial Lord of the truck unload team)(and ever suffering customer psychologist cable guy for Millennniummummumm, the cable company)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I notice that one of the biggest reasons you decide you don't like a team is because you hear other people being excited and optimistic about them. I guess that explains why you're a dallas fan. When the cowboys win, everyone suffers.

Polt said...

Mark: In your manic phase now, are you? Might wanna up the meds. :)

John: No, I'm a Dallas fan cause they the best football team. And everyone does not equal John, so your suffering is not shared by all. However, I'm sure you're doing a lot of suffering now, what with being a 49ers fan and all.