Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Woodman, woodman, spare that tree...

One of the Palace's visitors (I'm sorry, I forget which one) recommended I watch TheWoodsman. I got it from Netflix and watched it last night.



Wow, what a film. no, not a lot of action, frankly, not too much speaking either. But Kevin Bacon's performance is outstanding. He conveys such emotion with his expressions and eyes and yet says very little.

The film is about disturbing subject matter (and knowing Uncle Polt like you do, THAT'S really saying something), but I'd recommend it jsut for Bacon's performance. The scene of him and Robin on the bench, it had me crying. It's a powerful perfomance, it truly is. But I know the subject matter will turn alot of people off. It's not glorifying or promoting anything though. Be warned, definately adult themes.

POLT = listening to "What's the Matter Here?" by 10,000 Maniacs

It's been five days since you tackled me, I still have the rugburns on both my knees. - Barenaked Ladies

No comments: