Friday, February 24, 2006

Put on hold, once again a bulldog baby...

A friend of Aggie's, Karen, had a baby girl, Abby two months ago. Karen also has two Jack Russell Terriers, and a loving husband that works a lot. So Karen is frequently craving adult human company. Ag suggested that I accompany her out for a visit tonight to Karen, which I did. WE took a pizza too.

When we got there, I took Abby almost right away. She was sleeping, as 2 month olds do, generally. But she was all cuddled up against my chest...I love babies. The dogs also were jumping around my heels, as dogs do. When time came to eat, we put Abby in a vibrating little chair thingee for her. Man, if only they made those for adults...niiiice. Anyway...

While we ate, I made friends with the dogs, Toby and Lucy, but giving them some of my pizza crusts...three times total, I think. I was thier buddy after that. Also, I played with them, throwing thier squeak toys and stuff, and Toby loves to chew on and fight over empty plastic soda bottles, so I fought with him over one of those. A lot of rough housing and playing hard was going on...something that Karen can't really do anymore because of Abby. I made an friend in Toby because of that too, I think.

When we finished eating, I took Abby again, and walked her over the house, slowly boucing her, and rubbing her back, and humming Madonna tunes to her to keep her soothed. This allowed Ag and Karen to have adult conversation (God knows I'm no good at that). Abby was fed, and I walked her around some more, and while we did, Toby was following me around the house like my shadow. Abby got a bit fussy, so she was given her pacifier (called a 'nook' at this household), and that quieted her down, for some sleep.

I took her into the living roomand she slept on my cushion-like tummy and chest. Ag sat at the other end of the couch, and both dogs worked their way ontot he couh between us, sometimes under the blanket there, sometimes on it, sometimes on the back of the couch, sometimes sitting on one or the other of us as well. After a bit, Abby became fussy again, so Karen fed her, and she slept in Karen's arm while we all watched some more TV. A bit b4 900, three hours after we got there, it was time to leave. And we did.

had a BLAST, I did. I love babies! (well except for changing diapers. If I gotta change diapers, that's a deal-breaker right there) I love dogs. I love Karen, she's funny with a pleasant dry sense of humor. Ag and I said we'd baby/dog sit again, so Karen can get some 8 hours of peaceful restful sleep on day. (although Ag's doing all the diapers. nope no way am I doing them. I don't like wiping my own ass much less someone else's).

Natually I got some photos:
This one is me and Abby...pretty sweet and cute, huh? And the baby's nice too. (just kiddin!)


This is Toby and Lucy, waiting for the ball to be thrown to them.



This is Karen, our lovely, if slighty over worked, hostess. She's throwing a toy to the dogs.



This is Ag and Abby, at the dinner table.


And this is the "full house": Uncle Polt, with Abby sleeping on him, Lucy and Tobey watching the flash, and Aggie.


Fun times had by all!

POLT = listening to "La Vie Boheme" from the Rent Soundtrack

When I'm down on my knees, I ain't praying! - Faye Dunaway, Doc

No comments: