Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Talkin about my g-g-g-generation...

Today at work, mom called me to ask if I wanted to go out for supper. She was taking my grandmother and my cousin Lexi along. I said sure. Welet Lexi decide, which meant we ate at McDonalds. But that's okay, I don't mind. And a good time was had by all.

But I realized that we had 4 generations there at once, so I tried to get a photo...which didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but whatcha gonna do?



So there's grandma Polt, Lil Lexi, Mama Polt, and me, Polt! Grandma Polt's daughter, grandson, and great-granddaughter are all there with her. No, Lexi is not mine. She is the kid of my cousin. But my parents get her about once a week, once every other week, and have her for the evening. They take her to eat (hence, the McDonald's), or take her to the park to play, or take her miniture golfing, or what have you. They let her play with thier dog, and mom colors with her, and plays memory games, or cuts out things in consruction paper, and what have you. Lexi loves it, cause, frankly, her own parents (divorced) don't spend that much time doing things with her, and her own grandmother (mom's sister) is a grouch too. SO she loves the getaway time.

And it's good for mom too, cause she'd make an AWESOME grandmother! That's actually my one and only regret about being gay: that I won't give my mother any grandkids. Not that mom has ever complained about it. Even if she did feel disappointed, she'd never say anything. As I may have mentioned, Mama Polt is a SAINT!

The nightdidnt' last long, cause grandma Polt was tired, and Lexi wanted to go play games. SO they dropped me off, and went on thier merry ways. But it was fun anyway.

POLT = listening to "Express Yourself" by Madonna

I may not be perfect, but some parts of me are excellent!

No comments: