Friday, December 30, 2005

Before I was a rap singer, they call me Sticky Finger...

The doctor put me on some different meds. He did this in early December, but due to my procrastination, and, um....the mail delivery over the holidays (yeah, we'll go with that!), I didn't get them until this week. Included in the package was strips for figner sticks. When it was first discovered that I was diabetic, the doctor then had me do finger stick, but I never really used them for any reason, and so the doctor said to stop it. But now, the doctor told me to check them every morning before I eat, so i get a rough idea of what it is.

Okay, I can do that. In fact, I'm glad I do it in the morning, cause I'm not quite awake, and I don't quite feel the needle prick my finger until it's too late. ANd that does help me wake up.

At any rate, Tuesday evening when I got everything together, I thought I'd take a reading then. Now mind you, before I took this, I had been drinking Pepsi, eating gummy Swedish fish (i LOVE gummy Swedish fish!), eating some chocolate, that sorta fun stuff. But that first one I took was 259. Pretty high. But considering what I had been eating, I wasn't worried.

The next morning, when I took it, it was 230. UGH. So that day, I didn'thave any Pepsi. Did have diet ginger ale, I can drink that, but I can't touch diet Pepsi, ewww! Anyway, I took a walk and ate light. ANd Thursday morning, thre reading was 186. Still too high, but better than the day before.

But ohmiGOD did I have a headache Thursday morning! That lack of caffiene was doing a number on me. So I took some tylenol and had a can of soda for lunch. And the headache went away. How sad is that? And that night i had a GLASS of Pepsi, not a full bottle or several glasses like I'm known to do. ANd Firday morning, the result was149, better still, but not good. but at least now I know what I have to do.

ya know, when he told me he wanted me to do these again, i scoffed, thinking, they'll do me no more good now than they did before. But that's wrong, they are helping me, by letting me see, daily, how things are going. I only hope i can use this tool to help get myself in better shape.

POLT = listening to "One More Time" by Daft Punk

They say it's lonely at the top, and maybe they're right, but there's a helluva view! - Steve Vance

No comments: