Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm on the hunt, I'm after you...

Hunting season started here in Pennsylvania last week. I come from a family of hunter, but I am no hunter myself. I've never fired anything stronger than a water pistol or b-b gun. I've only held one real firearm in my life, and I quickly gave it back to it's owner. I have no desire to ever shoot or own a firearm. And I prefer to get my meat from a gorcery, kept cold and wrapped for me, not have to sit in the freakin cold and shot, skin, and prepare it for myself.

I'm not big on hunting, in an of itself. I understand the reasons hunters give (overpopulation, etc), but I don't consider it a sports. It's a stupid animal with just its instincts and you're a (in theory, but not necessarily) intelligent person, with a firearm. You wanna make it a real sport? While the hunters are out hunting deer, pack the woods with other hunters that have licenses to shoot the hunters. So that means, you'd have to do more than just sit silently and wait for a dumb animal to walk into your sights. But whatever...

I do believe though, that if, to get a hunting license, it was required that you go out dressed as below, and look like the guy below, i'd have much MUCH less of a problem with it. Might even import some deer into my bathroom so the "hunters" could prowl through my apartment looking for them. That could be a fun sport....(actually, I think the guy in the photo is duck hunting...but like that really matters!)

POLT = listening to "At My Most Beautiful" by R.E.M.

"Oh, what fun! I feel like a young man again!" "Yeah, but there's never one around when you need one!" - Bi-Polar Bear, Queer Duck

No comments: