Sunday, December 25, 2005

Something about the way you spend your Christmas day....

This morning, Christmas morning, I got up about 900. Ate a bowl of Rice Krispies, and got online for about an hour. Then I showered, and took two loads of laundry over to moms. While I was doing those, they returned from church. We exchanged presents, and before long, Ag stopped by. While mom prepared the awesome Christmas meal, I went to get my grandmother. And before we ate, my favorite cousin Tracy stopped by, supposedly just to see us before she returned to Baltimore, but we convinced her to stay for the meal (tied her to a chair and forced fed her we did).

Mama Polt made, as she usually does, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, lima beans, sauerkraut, and there were buns, oh, and of course gravy. I had three plates. When else do I get to eat THAT good??? (skipped the limas and sauerkraut, ugh!)

Laid around bemoaned the fact that I ate too much and felt uncomfortable, but this too is a tradition in our house. Anyway, when the laundry was done, I got it together and took it home. My cousin Trish was coming down to my uncles with my little cousin Cam at 500. So i came home, put the clothes away, and laid down for a nap, cause after eating all the turkey, well, what else CAN I do?

I woke and I got to my uncles house at 530. We watched Cam open the gifts, and then we sat around and talked for a bit. I held Cam for upwards of a half hour I think. He wasn't fussy at all, just laid there, and let me hold him. I turned him on his stomach and rest him on mine (hey, it's a good cushion) and he watched the lights wrapped around the railing over my shoulder. Oh, and chewed all over a hunk of my shirtsleeve. Oh, and farted and pooped himself to his heart's content. After I turned him over to his mother to change him ( I do NOT do diapers), we all adjourned to the rec room, where we snacked on, well, snack food, and talked some more. And then after about 3 hours total, we left.

I came home, got online for this posting, and will soon, when I'm finished, go to bed. And that, friends and neighbors, was my Christmas day. A whole lot of nothing, but I loved it nonetheless.

POLT = listening to "You Don't Know" by Cyndi Lauper

Honey, I'm more man that you'll EVER be and more woman than you'll EVER get. - Car Wash

No comments: