Sunday, December 04, 2005

I am the Skywalker, fighting for truth...

Earlier tonight, I rewatched the third Star Wars movie...or is it the sixth? Its the sixth produced, but the third in line...oh hell, it was Revenge Of The Sith. The one where Anakin goes bad and becomes Vader.

When I saw it opening night, at the theater, with about 6 friends, a theater so packed the heat got to be almost unbearable sometimes, I didn't enjoy it much. It was certainly a damn sight better than the first two, but not as good as the origianl trilogy. And I wasn't sure I liked it at all. I don't know remeber specifically WHY I felt that that way, but I did.

So now that it's out on DVD, Phoenix loaned it to me, and I watched it again with Ag. I wanted to see if it looked better upon a second viewing. Historically, i don't have much luck with this, as i found Blade: Trinity, King Arthur and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (or whatever it was called) as unsatisfactory a second time as i did the first time.

But for this movie, I think I enjoyed it more than the first time. I mean, it still wasn't as good as, say, The Empire Strikes Back, but it was better than I had thought. The humor didn't seem as forced, I wasn't as bored in parts as I had been, and it didn't look as overly computerized as it did on the bigscreen. Oh, to be sure, there were still problems: Vader screaming NOOOO, still makes my chuckle, even though I know I'm not supposed to; Lucas can't write a love scene to save his soul; parts of it were too computerized; Hayden Christensen's acting was still a little wodden, althought that might have been Lucas' direction; and the shame of having Natalie Portman be little more than a weeping weakling, when the character was so strong earlier. But these weren't as glaring problems as I had thought they were.

And if nothing else, Hayden Christensen still looks hot as the Tattooine desert in mid summer!














That hair...that smoldering look...that hair...the scuplted abs he shows in one all too short scene...that HAIR! hooooooo.....

POLT = listening to "Midnight Show" by the Killers

Don't forget what your should remember. - Mr. Gingrich, my high school algebra teacher

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you liked it the second time. Was probably my favorite ep of the prequels anyways...