Friday, December 16, 2005

To dinner and see a movie...

This evening, as planned, I went out with friends. We went to eat at TGIFridays first, this was with Ghostie (who accompanied us to Toronto), Kelly, and the married couple David and Susan. All of us used to work at Borders together. (Only Ghostie, unfortunately, still works there).

Kelly and I arrived there at about the same time, but David and Susan had already been there a half hour. They had already eaten an appetizer and Susan was already drunk off the big yellow-ish drinks they serve there. (Hey, it's MY story, I'll tell it anyway I want to! I'm not gonna let anything like the truth or exaggerations get in the way!) yeah, she was crawling around under the table and singing karoke without a microphone. Once Ghostie arrived we all ordered our meals. One of us ordered a side salad. When they brought the honey mustard salad, they also had a ranch salad, which none of us ordered. And then later, before we got our meals, they brought two more salads. Maybe the salad prep guy was on speed or just bucking for a raise, but that's at least three salads brought to us we didn't want.

When the brought the meals, Kelly and i had both ordered buffalo chicken strips, and YET, despite the previous overzealousness with the veggies, Kelly's order had celery, mine did not! I was not required to get all flaming-drama-queen on them about it, cause Kelly said she never ate her celery and gave it to me. God bless her.

After the meal, Kelly went home (not sure of the reason, I heard several: 1)had to do Christmas Cards, 2)had to feed the dog, 3)had some aversion to watching George Clooney get his fingernails ripped out with pliers...I'm not real sure) and the other four of us went to see Syriana.

I do not believe I liked the movie. It made me think a lot, and while I'm not averse to thinking movies, it just didnt' seem to gel very well. I'm not sure what the point was. Oh, I got that big oil companies are evil (like I didn't already know that) and the government is corrupt (like I didn't know that either) but I don't think they brought the like 5 or 6 stories together well at the end. I think they tried to, but it just didn't fit together well for me.

Got some photos of us in the car after the movie:
David, thinking he was lucky for me to have missed his entire face.







David saying, "NO! I'm not showing up on your damn blog!" (right, suuuure you're not)







Susan, trying to drag David into a couple's photo.








Ghostie, telling me he thinks I'm #1!








And Uncle Polt himself!








Bet Kelly's happy she didn't go to the movie, and have to be subjected to this!

POLT = listening to "Treat Infamy" by Rest Assured

I love the way you look at me. I love the way you smack my ass. I love the dirty things you do. - Puddle Of Mud, Control

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Shockey, this is Susan. I would just like to point out to everyone reading your blog that I was not singing karoke and crawling under the table! Yes, I was a bit giddy...but I was drinking on an empty stomach...not to mention look who I'm married to...I've to drink sometimes! HAHA David I hope you didn't read that. Also, would it have killed you to take the red eye out of my pic? I mean come on I look a little freaky! I will however agree with you that the movie sucked...perhaps on Testicular Tuesdays you can say it sucked two testicals if you want. Just a suggestion!