Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I got plenty when I was 25...

On the subject of music, I'm gonna post my top 25 songs played on my iPod. I got it for Christmas last year, so this will be the most listened to songs on there for this year.

1. Clocks, by Coldplay - 52 times
(the beginning of this song is one of the most beautiful openings I've ever heard)
2. Song 2, by Blur - 48 times
(short, sweet, fun, to the point)
3. Hallelujah, by Jef Buckley - 48 times
(a hauntingly beautiful song that I got exposed to by The West Wing)
4. Ave Maria, by Nana Mouskouri - 45 times
(I get goosebumps evertime I hear it, and a few times it's brought me to tears. It is without a doubt, THE most beautiful song I have ever heard in my entire life)
5. Angel, by Massive Attack - 44 times
(Another song The West Wing introduced me to, this time when Chloe was kidnapped and the word was spreading. Just perfect the way the song and the story build to a cresendo)
6. The Ballad Of Chasey Lain, by The Bloodhound Gang - 43 times
(Okay, so I like some stupid songs too. "Now show 'em them titties" just cracks me up every time I hear it!)
7. I Don't Like Mondays, by Tori Amos - 41 times
(I had heard this before, but it took on a whole new meaning, once again from it's usage in the West Wing)
8. Bittersweet Symphony, by The Verve - 41 times
(This, along with Clocks, has the most beaufitul opening in popular music)
9. Mentally Dull, by Vitro and the cast of South Park - 41 times
(this song just cracks me up form beginning to end. I laugh out loud even now, after having the CD for years.)
10. Mr. Brightside, by The Killers - 40 times
(the best song, from a great album, by a great band)
11. Speed Of Sound, by Coldplay - 39 times
(My favorite from their newest album)
12. Jim's Parents (Abide With Me) by Perry Allyne - 37 times
(This is from the '28 Days Later' Soundtrack. Strange that a horror movie would give me a top 25 song, but it's so sad, and haunting, and the guy's got a great voice)
13. When I Get You Alone, by Thicke - 37 times
(I first heard this in the moive 'Rules Of Attraction' and loved it. Plus, I like the sample from 'A Fifth Of Beethoven' that 70's dicso/classical music hit. And who knew one of Alan Thicke's progeny could sing?)
14. I Wish I Was Queer So I Could Get Chicks, by The Bloodhound Gang - 36 times
(If the title alone wasn't great enough, the song is even funnier.)
15. Black, Black Heart, by David Usher - 35 times
(First heard this in Toronto a few years ago, and since he's a Canadian singer, I didn't think he'd get much exposure in the states, so I picked up his CD there. Good thing too, can't find him here even with some looking)
16. Somebody Told Me, by The Killers - 34 times
("Somebody told me, that you have a boyfriend, that looks like a girlfriend, that I had in February of last year",with lyrics like that, how can this song be anything but great?)
17. I See You Baby, by Groove Armada - 33 times
(this is the original, unwatered down version: Shaking that ass; not: Shaking that thing. Damn Wal-Martization....)
18. Gold Digga, by Kanye West - 33 times
(I did a whole post on this song, lyrics and all. Need I say more?)
19. Ray Of Light, by Madonna - 31 times
(Madge's BEST song EVER, in my opinion)
20. Wake Me Up When September Ends, by Green Day - 30 times
(Best unintentional anti-war song this year)
21. Everybody's Changing, by Keane - 30 times
(Who knew that a song with no guitars in it could rock so much?)
22. Hung Up, by Madonna - 29 times
(Best song off her newest album)
23. Taxi (Ave Maria), by Perry Allyne - 29 times
(a song about the mother of Christ from a horror movie about flesh eating zombies, yet sung as if from and angel)
24. Maps, by The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs - 27 times
(Incredible song. But it's the only one I know from them. One hit wonder maybe?)
25. All These Things That I've Done, by The Killers - 26 times
(and yet another from one of my favorite albums of the year)

POLT = Listening to "I Love New York" by Madonna

Love comes at the strangest times in the strangest ways. - Emmett, Queer As Folk

No comments: