Thursday, December 01, 2005

Shopping with our friends, shopping once again...

After work tonight, Phoenix and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat, his idea. We had been there before, and it was okay nothing that I'd rave about, but I today I was acutally in the mood fro some wings, so off we went.

When we got there, well I hit the jackpot! There was sign saying boneless wings were 50 cents each AND LaBatts Blue was a dollar off! SCHWEET! And our waiter was a cutie, a sweet guy, blonde with a scruffy blonde goatee, named Robert (the guy, not the goatee). The food was good, the conversation fun.

Afterwards, we decided to go to Toys R Us, Phoenix to get some gift certificates, me to look for a teddy bear for my cousin Cam. I've told many people, maybe even posted about it, that I'm not buying Christmas gifts this year. It's not that I don't want to, I LOVE buying Christmas gifts, but with a credit card debt and car loan that combined are larger than some African nations Gross National Product (or does it just seem that way to me?), I just can't afford to this year. I want to put all my money I'd spend on gifts towards paying those off, so hopefully next year, I can do Christmas again.

Anyway, to me, Christmas is all about the kids. So I've got 6 cousins, some of whom have children...6 kids total. And I've decided I'm going to get each of them something small for Christmas, I mean, they're kids, and they shouldn't be denied a gift from me cause I was stupid with my VISA.

At any rate, I was going to get Cam a teddy bear for Christmas. And I found one. But I thought I'd maybe mosey around and see if anything else struck me for the 3, 5, and 7 year old I had to buy for. The two oldest, 13 & 16, I'd get for later.

While walking around, I ran into a co-worker, we'll call A. I asked A for help in finding gifts and together we found a gift for each one. Whilest lookign, A informed that workers there get a 10% discount and A would be happen to buy me these with the dicount. Well, how could I say no? So, I gave the items to A and they'll be bought for me later tonight.

Then, Phoenix and I went to the Mall. I was looking for a baseball cap for the older boys, A Steelers one for one of them, A 49ers cap for the other. After looking in 3 stores, I jsut settled for a tshirt of each team for them, and purchased them. (sizing was something of a problem, cause I don't know thier sizes, and being a regular shopper of the Big and Tall stores myself, everything on normal stores looks very small to me..even the XL's. But I assume I got something close for both of them).

As we walked back to the car, I realized I had finished my Christmas shopping for the year in a little over an hour.

Man, I rule! I was rockin the shoppin!

Also, as is my yearly tradition, i filled out all my Christmas cards during the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, and Tuesday night, Nov. 30, I took them all over to the Post Office and mailed them, so people would start getting them Dec 1. So I've got all my shopping and my cards done. All I have yet to do is decorate the house.

POLT = listening to "Aira Force" by Arrakis

We all get momentarily distracted by things like the Tour de France, or stamp collections, or a painful cuticle, but we always come back to sex. - Jonathan Ames

No comments: