Monday, December 26, 2005

I celebrate the day you were born...

I got this email last week, and laughed at it's stupidity. I got it a few days ago, and was irritated because i got it twice, and then I got it tonight for a third time and I had had it. So below is the email I recieved and below that is my response to it.

This is a CHRISTMAS TREE.
It is not a Hanukkah bush,
it is not an Allah plant,
it is not a Holiday hedge.
it is not a Holiday tree
It is a CHRISTMAS TREE.
Say it... CHRISTmas , CHRISTmas , CHRISTmas
Yes.... CHRISTmas - celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ!!!!

LET'S KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS
Pass it on

"All this hubbub about keeping Christ in Christmas, it amuses me. I have yet to hear ANYONE tell me, either in person or in any media, that I shouldn't be saying or celebrating Christmas....oh, except for Faux News who is always looking for some false issue to get it's slack-jawed yokel viewers into a rabid, foaming at the mouth furver..so i dont' really count that.

But I think you're right, we should celebrate Christmas for what it means. Part of it is Christ, but the OTHER part is MASS. I wonder, do you go to celebrate MASS on Christmas? If not, are YOU keeping true to the meaning of Christmas? Perhaps we should worrying less about who says "Merry Christmas" and who says "Happy Holidays" and less about what we call a pagan worship item that was brought indoors and decorated only in the 18th century and not during the time of Christ, and perhaps we should worrying more aobut people not going to MASS in a Catholic church and celebrating the FULL meaning of Christmas. I wonder, when will we hear Bill O'Reilly expounding on the evils of the world and the sins of man becuase we're not all going to CATHOLIC MASS? Shouldn't that be as great a concern, if we're going to worrying about celebrating the meaning of Christmas?

Just wondering,

Polt"


I mean the nerve of people. Just read how dismissive and condescending they are towards the other religions. I mean, everyone's supposed to be all respectful of Christianity, but they can be as sanctimonious as they wanna be towards other religions. I just couldn't take it after the third time. i HAD to reply.

Merry late freakin Christmas to everyone.

POLT = listening to "Short Sskirt/Long Jacket" by Cake

I've about had it with the "Greatest Generation" malarkey. These are the people who have one stock market crash in 1929, and it takes them a dozen years to go get a job. Then they wait until Germany and Japan had conquered half the world before it occurs to them to get involved in WWII. After that, they step on thier dicks in Korea, spend the 50's watching Lawrence Welk and drinking Blatz, come up with Vietnam, and elect Richard Nixon. Screw 'em. - P.J. O'Rourke

No comments: