Saturday, December 31, 2005

Finally free from the ups and downs...

I've thought back over the past year, and have decided to give a thumbs up or thumbs down to some of the events of 2005.

Bushie's 2nd Inaugural (as if the prospect of the first one wasn't horrific enough)









Madonna puts out an excellent CD, especially after the crap that was her last CD.



















Queer As Folk ending.











"Reality TV" still rules the networks.











I discovered I get Logo...


















...and NFL Network!














"My Sweet 16" on MTV, nothing but a bunch of spoiled brat rich kids, whining cause daddy won't shell out $3,000 dollars for that dress she HAS to have for her party. The show is obscene and why anyone would want to watch a rich girl whine and perform all kinds of antics just to get her way is beyond me. Course, i suppose whatever it is that does, explains Paris Hilton....







"Wake Me When September Ends" video, certainly the best of the year (course I've only seen about three videos all year cause nobody shows them anymore, but I digress...)
















"Star Trek: Enterprise" ending, putting it, and the viewers, out of our misery, but such wasted potential...








...and the first time since 1987 there's not new Trek episodes.













"Intelligent design" ousted in PA...











...but made law in Kansas.









Switching job duties with a co-worker which increased my stress at work.









DC Comics put out awesomely written and artisitic comic books, kicking Marvel's ass, and Identity Crisis and so far Infinity Crisis, living up to the hype.













Young Avengers from Marvel has a young gay superhero couple in it...and they're treated as heroes, they're sexuality not being an issue, as it should be.













Grandma Polt (she's 81) had open heart surgery in early autumn.


















Grandma Polt's miraculous recovery, almost back to 100% in a few months.















Only now that he's moved, fully appreciating how important Mark was to me.

















My iPod, nuff said.













Peter Jennings dies of lung cancer and yet, Bill O'Reilly is still sucking air.








Batman and Fantastic Four movies didn't really suck, and were rather entertaining.










Finding out a dentist can bruise the nerves in your teeth when he puts in filings, thus resulting in reoccuring, intermitent tooth pain.















The media finally reporting and the public finally seeing the wholesale corrution we shamefully call the Bush Administration...

















...A year too late to do any real good.








I didn't gain any weight this year.


















Congress wasting time on drugs in baseball and not delaing with
the REAL issues that affect Americans.









Movies like Eating Out, Mysterious Skin, and Brokeback Mountain.














Movies like Bewtiched, The Dukes of Hazzard, Stealth, Elektra and that damn Herbie remake.









Getting to see "Rent" both on the stage and in a theater.














The national frenzy over Terri Schiavo, and how the Religious Right abused her tragic situation for political gain.









The Toronto trip, surely THE best time I've had there, thanks in large part to Ed. (The trip was SO great, it deserves a bunch of thumbs up!)









Hurricane Katrina and all the death and damage that resulted.











Gas prices top $3.00 a gallon











My cousin giving birth to little Cam.


















Continued money and health issues, which are entirely my fault cause I'm so damn lazy.









Finding out i can make deviled eggs!









Meeting someone special online...














...but, having him live so far away.








South Africa, Spain, Canada, and Great Britain joining Netherlands, Belgium, Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland in extending the legal rights enjoyed by the majority of their citizens to ALL thier citizens.







The United States Of America working to deny some of it's citiziens the legal rights enjoyed by the majority of its citizens, going to far as to attmept to amend the Constitution to make the discrimination legal.






Dallas Cowboy and the playoffs, who knows if they'll get into the playoffs or not, so this one's gotta be both thumbs up and down, depending on Sunay's games.









I started this blog! WHOOO-HOOOO!!!















HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION!

POLT = listening to "Vacation" by The Go-Go's

Toronto, it's like no other city I've ever seen. It's like Albany, only cleaner. - Canadian Bacon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for the past few months and your list for ups and downs is quite interesting. I have a question about one of your ups. Your trip to Toronto was your best ever do to ED. Well I went to your past blog about your trip and readed it and I think you would give your 2 friends who went along some credit. Hopefully your friends do not take offense to your statement.

Polt said...

I'm sure they won't take offense. I didn't say I had a good time despite their going along or anything. Everytime I go to Toronto, I have a FABulous time, thanks always to Aggie. ANd everytime I do stuff with Ghostie, I ended up laughing myself silly at some point. And all of that occured on this Toronto trip as well. And taking nothing away from either of those situations, I felt that this year's trip was THE best time I've had there because I met Ed and times he and I had together. Does that mean I DID NOT have good times with Ag and Ghostie? NO! I had wonderful times with them! And had I not met Ed, this still would have been a great Toronto trip. But what made it the BEST trip out of the 13 or 14 trips I've taken there is that I DID meet Ed.

Anonymous, I'm sure my friends appreciate your concern, but both Ag and Ghostie know what I meant in the post, and I'm certain they no in way took any sort of offense.