Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The one we call Canadian...

This is a quote that I had on my list of quotes, however, since it's so long, and such a good one, I'm just gonna give it it's own post. Got this froma Canadian TV commerical when I was Toronto once, a Molson beer commercial, presumably. I love it, had me laughing then and now as well...

I'm not a lumberjack or a fur trader. I don't live in an igloo, eat blubber, or own a dogsled. I don't know Jimmy, Suzie, or Sally from Canada, although I'm certain they're very nice. I have a prime minister, not a president. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it 'about' not 'a-boot'. I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I believe in peacekepping, not policing; diveristy, not assimilation. And that the beaver is a proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch. And it's pronounced zed. Okay? Not zee. ZED. Canada is the second largest land mass, the first nation of hockey, and the best part of North America. My name is Joe, and I am Canadian. - Joe Molson

Hey, can't really argue with a thing contained therein, can I? You go, Joe!


POLT = listening to "On Top" by The Killers

I'm Canadian. That's like an American, but without the gun. - The Kids In The Hall

No comments: