Sunday, December 11, 2005

We about to get into the seasons...

Seasonal subjects:

1) what the HELL was I thinking going to a shopping mall? on a Saturday night? two weeks before Christmas? Outside a major city like Baltimore? At least Tracy was driving, and I didn't have to fight the traffic. But the other cars, both on the road and int he parking lot were insane! And the crowds! OhmiGOD, the people, everywhere! Stopping right in front of you to look at something, instead of first stepping aside. The lines at the registers. The stupid people who don't know how to run the self-checkout, but try it anyway. Oh sure, there were cute guys all around, but it's not like I had time to ogle them, cause of all the people. And most of them were bundled up in bulky coats and hats, so I couldn't tell if some were cute or not. I'm glad the only traffic I had to deal with was on the Interstate getting there.

2) I am having issues with my Christmas decorations. I usually put them up the first weekend in December, although last weekend, I was feeling blah and not really interested. SO this week, I thought I should get the balcony decorations in gear. I have a wreath made of twigs and stuff, attached to the front of the balcony, and there's a string of christmas lights wrapped around it. I've had it up for about 6 years. I discovered the end of the string that has the plug on it, is gone. Like it was sliced off. (I thought perhaps a squirrel fell out of a tree and gnawed the end off, but it's too clean for that). I suppose it got really cold and perhaps froze and broke off? Who knows.

2a) I had a string of 200 lights I thought I'd string around the railing, which I did. Had some left over, but that's no big deal. Plugged em in and both ends lit up, the middle part did not. Over the course of two nights, after dark, I was out on the balcony, with gloves on and a flashlight in my mouth feeling along the string, looking for broken bulbs. I found one each night. I replaced each each night. And both nights, nothing changed.

2b) I gave up on the old string and bought a strand of 100, figuring I'd just put them on the front part of the railing, ignoring the two sides. I went out this afternoon and did so, strung them through, making sure they were somewhat symetrical, and both hung equally low on both sides. After 5 minutes of rearranging the lights, I was satified. I plugged them in and...only half the string lit up. I think what I'm gonna do, since the light are so cheap, is just take a pair of scissors to both strands that are still wrapped around there, buy another hundred light strand and try again. (Yes, I can be a glutton for punishment sometimes).

3) Because of the problems with balcony, i just don't feel up to doing any other decorating. I always hang my Christmas cards around one of my doorframes, and I've recieved 6 so far, but none of them are up yet. When Iw as out last night with my cousin, I bought some new tree decorations (I've been using the same old ones for 8 years) but I don't feel like putting it up yet. I have GOT to get this balcony decorating done first!

POLT = listening to "On The Run" by Pink Floyd

There is such a fine line between stupid and clever. - Spinal Tap

No comments: