Thursday, December 08, 2005

Oh, you better clear the runway, hey hey...

I watched the Real World pretty religiously, until the season in Seattle, because by then, the 7 strangers had all become sad stereotypes (the naive one, the shy one, the gay one, the loud drunk, the jock, the hot chick, etc, etc, etc). I avoided the first Survivor, got wrapped up in the next few ones, but haven't got into another season of it. Never got into Amazing Race, America's Next Model, The Bachelor, American Idol (except to see the horribly singing rejects on the first couple shows), I just do not like Reality TV. (hah, reality, my ass! They want Reality TV? Take 7 strangers, throw em into menial minimum wage jobs, and make them pay rent on whatever they can afford. No big loft or warehouse, no jacuzzi provided, no swanky bars, no laying about all day fighting, and no damn fish. THAT would be reality tv...but I digress....)

I avoided the first Project Runway as well, I mean it just sounded stupid to me. And then, one weekend afternoon, as I was flipping through the channels I came upon a marathon on thier episodes. And they were on like the second episdoe. I watched a bit of it, and , much to my shame, I was hooked. I don't know what it was, but man, I was freaking hooked. Watched every episode after that. It was crazy.

I was, as I stated, a bit ashamed to have enjoyed it. So I decided there was no way I was getting involved in the second season of Project Runway. BUT....Wednesday night, I was flipping around, right before going to bed, and at that particular point, they were showing the cute little guy with the multi-colored hair talking to the camera. And if there's one thing that'll stop my channel surfing, it's cute little guys with multi colored hair.

I watched it for just a few seconds while he was talking....and dammit if I wasn't hooked again! Stayed up to watch the whole damn first episode...and now probably the entire season.

(the cute little guy with the mutli colored hair is in the green shirt near the top, the one without the hat. And the shaggy haired guy up front on the left is kinda cute too.)

POLT = listening to "Why Can't He Be You" by Patsy Cline

The last thing I need is some young punk frolicking in my nethers. - Livonia, Malcolm In The Middle

No comments: