Monday, December 05, 2005

The festive cake has been decorated...

So, a few weeks ago, as I mentioned here, I had a birthday. Mama Polt asked what kind of cake I wanted. I told her I wanted a Boston Creme Pie. See, I've never been much for cake, usually, its way too dry for me. I liek pies better! And Mama Polt makes that best pies: Apple, cheery, pumpkin, and my fav, Boston Creme Pie.

So, being the saint that she is, she made me the Bosotn Creme Pie, and snuck it over whiel I was at work, putting it in the fridge with a note on top that read Happy Birthday.

Since she had snuck it in, I of course didnt' know she was there. But I knew when I got home, cause my door was locked. I only lock my door when I'm inside. no, I'm not asking to be robbed, but to get into my building, you have to either have a key (which means you belong there) or be buzzed in by someone already inside(which woudl indicate you belong there as well). SO I see no need to lock it when I'm gone.

So when I back from work, itw as locked. My first thought was that the landlord, or someone that works for him, had stopped by AGAIN without notification. I HATE that! They have these guys come in once a month and spray, and they're traipsing around my apartment when no on'es there, and that pisses me off. I mean I know they CAN do that, I jsut wish they wouldn't come in when no one's there.

But then I realized it was Saturday, and they'd not be here on a weekend. And then I thought, maybe someone had brought a gift by, as it was just my birthday the day before. ANd then a horrible, spine chilling thought occured to me: what if someone bought me the Merry Maids for my birthday, and they had come by and cleaned the place up??? Good GOD, I'd never be able to find anything ever again! So while I was diggin my keys out, I was shaking in fear and aprehension.

BUt when I opeend the door, I heaved a sigh of relief, cause the first thing I saw was my mess, still as messy as when I'd left. I walked intot he kitchen, and found nothing added or out of place (not thinking to check in the fridge), adn then I made my way to the bathroom and didn't find anything else less messy then it should be. SO I went back to the original thought of the landlord or his people.

It was only later that night, when I asked about it, that I found out what had happened. And only after that, that I actually saw the pie in the fridge. Mm-mmm, it was good! I took a photo for all to see (although I didn't think about tha photo until after I had eaten the first piece).
Delish!

POLT = listening to "Vienna Blood" by Stanislav Gorkovenko

He sighed like a piece of paper sliding under a door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm... boston creme pie... one of my favorites. why didn't you invite me over?